BEING IN A LDR WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEING IN A LDR WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND

Hello Everyone. So I"m new to this site, actually just singed up last week. I'm in a long distance relationship with one of my best friends of 12+ years. Our relationship is very new, actually just began being more than friends in October. I have so much to learn about the transition from friendship to more and throw the distance on top of that, it makes life pretty interesting! I just found this site last week and am new to everything that it offers. Would love advice on the options this site offers and how to transition from friends to more! Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forums! This place offers a great support system.
    My SO and I dated when we were younger, then broke up but remained best friends before getting back together last summer, after 13 years apart
    For us, the transition from friends to a couple was pretty easy because we were already keeping in contact daily and since we'd been through it before, we sort of knew what to expect from one another. Plus the friendship for so many years pulled out all of the awkwardness in getting to know a new person. It all depends on how you guys handle it.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Lots of people start as friends before moving into more than friends in LDR. It's hard to give advice, for me, because you said you're already more than friends, so haven't you already become more than friends? Hope you forgive me for being confused. Are you looking for things to do in your relationship now that you're a couple?

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I understand how my writing was confusing. Yes, we have already become more than friends. I guess what I am still learning is who he is as s boyfriend versus just a friend. He's also learning a lot about my needs/issues as a girlfriend versus just a friend. At this point I'm looking for suggestions on the transition from friendship to boyfriend/girlfriend issues. For example, I've learned we communicate much differently so therefore, I'm still learning how to communicate effectively with him. This was not an issue before we were a couple because we didn't need to talk about serious issues from the heart. Those expectations weren't there. Hopefully this clarifies. Any suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

My SO and i were introduced by my ex-boyfriend (just right after me and my ex broke up)
          This new guy became such a huge part of my life and was there for me when i was feeling sad about my ex.
          A few weeks of talking turned into a crush. We both admitted it too. He asked me out, i said yes. and from then on it was an LDR. Then i was so STUPID and had feelings for my ex again and didn't think it was fair to my boyfriend so i dumped him when my ex was in town...(thinking i would see him) yeah, i didn't see my ex. Me and my boyfriend got back together because i relized how stupid i was for dumping him. Everything was back to normal and then randomly the distance REALLY started bothering him. ): We broke up and a few months ago we both still had feelings for eachother so he told me no matter how far i am he still wants me to be his <3 So far he's great with the distance. I'm hoping to meet him for the first time soon!

But anyway, you're SO should definitely also be your bestfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X