Heyy, I'm Vanessa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heyy, I'm Vanessa

Heyy I'm Vanessa and I'm in a college long distance relationship. Me and my bf go to school 300 miles away and there is not remotely direct way to his school from mine via public transportation (and we are first yr without cars on campus) Our breaks rarely/coincide and it sucks. The other college LDR's I know of get to see each other quite frequently, but we really don't. SO far we went 3 months without seeing eachother (thanksgiving), then 1 month (winter break) and now we have another 4 months of not seeing eachother. During winter break we got to an ultimate love high point, that I'm still not off of, and it's really nice, yet so taunting because the distance. We both spend most of our time as school depressed from missing eachother to the point that we can't stand it any longer. I am currently in the process in trying to convince my mother to let me transfer to his school. I know this is the only way I'll be happy, and quite honestly I'm entirely miserable at school.
    ~"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them"~

Hi there! Welcome to LFAD.
    LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
    Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
    Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Hi there! Hope you can get your school all figured out and be happy! College years are an exciting time of your life!
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD forums Just so you know though, there are plenty among us who don't get to see our college sweethearts all that often, so I know how you feel. It could be 8 months before I see my SO and he's only 160 miles away! If you ever need anyone to talk to, this is definitely the place to find them!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Thank you! I feel like all my friends I know that continued dating once college hit are able to see each other a lot, and we really don't have that luxury. It's nice to not feel like the only one waiting.

Comment

Welcome Welcome! You'll find lots of support here and lots of advice if you need it!
                  College LDR's suck, I'm in one also. It's hard to switch when you first both go away...
                  Be careful about transferring. You want to make sure he's the perfect fit because education is education. If you're truely unhappy with your schooling choice, look at a lot of others before deciding. College are the best years of your life (so I've heard). Cherish them with friends also!

Comment

Welcome!
                    My SO is away at University so I know how you feel.
                    This forum has been helpful for me, I hope it is for you too.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I am actually 100% dissatisfied with my school, and although I've made some good friends, there is absolutely nothing that would keep me here. I'm set on transferring, and my bf's school is actually slightly more well known for my major and we're actually "engaged" and I have no worries of it ending. The only thing I'm really worried about is my parents not agreeing, and dealing with the cold!

Comment

Welcome Vanessa!
                        Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

welcome

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
                            I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                            X