Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New LDR and New Member

Hi there,

My name is Colleen and I am new to this forum and have just started a LDR. In my case we are about an hour and a half away from each other. Our situation is a little different because I don't know if there will ever be a time when we are not in a LDR anymore. He has to move around a lot for his job and usually lives wherever he is working. Depending on how far away he is I don't know how often I will see him. He also has a very dangerous job climbing and walking around on girders and repelling down elevator shafts. To top it all off he has been applying for a few years to go crab fishing in the bearing sea and it looks like he may get the chance to do it this time. This would mean he will be gone for about 8 weeks with absolutely no contact at all. I know that this is something that is a once in a lifetime chance for him and would not want him to miss out on it because of me. However I think that 8 weeks with no contact will make me absolutely crazy. When we are together I don't want to leave his arms at all. I know that this is partly because this is all new and we are just starting out in our relationship. The other part is because I know that I only have a few days and he will be gone again for another week or two. I find myself feeling very needy and wanting to make more of a connection when we are apart. I guess that's how I came upon this website. I am still wrestling with my emotions and wondering if I am really cut out for this type of relationship. I guess only time will tell.

Hi Colleen Welcome to LFAD!
    LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
    Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
    Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Welcome to the forums! Be strong and go with the flow of things.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Check out the following thread for some advice:
        https://members.lovingfromadistance....t=piece+advice

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Eight weeks with no contact at all is a lot, but like Paula said, just be strong and also try to keep yourself busy so time goes by faster and you don't think about it as much!

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
          I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

Hello Colleen, welcome to LFAD! Nobody knows if they're cut out for an LDR until they're in one Hang around, join in the discussions, it really helps to know you're not alone.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for your advice everyone and your good wishes. After some serious consideration and a very rough weekend emotionally I have realized that it doesn't matter to me how long it takes until I see him again its worth it. I will put on my big girl panties and find some things to do when we are apart so that I am not feeling so needy. I do have trust and I know he loves me so I will just have to deal with it. I have never been loved by anyone the way he loves me and I would not give it up for anything in the world. I just have to stop thinking about the negative aspects and focus on whats good. I am so glad I found this forum.

Comment

Working...
              X