Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisconsin and New York...

Hey ya'll,

I am new to this forum, my name's Kati and I'm 23. I met this amazing guy, whose 25 and getting his masters in IT (I do like nerds), when I was visiting my father (my parents have been separated since I was three years old). I wasn't looking for love at the time, but I do think its true you find love when you least expect it. I didn't believe that long distance relationships couldn't work, as I've tried them before and they didn't seem to work. Through talking to my guy, he and I discussed this but felt we both wanted to pursue a long distance relationship. I was leery but we talk/text on a daily basis and skype probably at least 3-4 days per week.

I recently, around the first of the month was having a hard time dealing with being in a long distance relationship. I'm so glad I found this community. I hope to find more ways to make it work. I think finding this website and meeting others on this site will help me with the separation. Unfortunately I don't have many friends who are in a long distance relationship, so making some more even if they are online friends would be superb. I am super excited that my is going to be visiting me on February 10th (5 days....I get so excited each day that ticks down) til Feburary 21st. Then I am going to be seeing him on my spring break in March.

Also, can anyone help me figure out how to upload a picture to my profile? I tried but can't seem to, and appreciate any help, thanks!

ciao

Welcome Kati! I, too am with a nerd! Haha, we're both really nerdy, so it's quite awesome. He's a CS major and I'm a bio major. This community is very great and has really helped me through the distance. As for profile pictures, I believe you go to the Forum Actions tab at the top of the page, click on Edit Profile, and there should be an option to add a profile picture iirc. (Haha, this is what I learn from my CS guy! I'd much rather learn code lol. I want him to teach me. xD) </rant>

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Welcome to the forums! yes this forum has all sorts of good advice and stories on it. I definitely agree with your statement about true love. I found mine when I was in training for the military and now Im in Louisiana and he's in MN. seeing him in 18 days though!! Good luck with yours and your upcoming visit

as for picture it took me a min to figure this one out too...go to edit profile and edit avatar then make sure its JPEG and it will upload. Hope this helps!
      " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
      Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

I always tell my parents, best friend and even my guy that I'm a nerd but everyone disagrees. So I'd like to claim I'm a nerd, but supposedly just not cool enough to be a nerd Yeah part of me thought of asking my guy how to change it, but part of me also likes to prove to him that I can do a few things on the computer too without his help. Lol. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me sending you a friend request so I can start making new friends on here.

Comment

I'm glad you agree with my statement about true love. I was actually texting my guy last night and saying how the more I talk to other friends or look at past relationships, I've just never felt like I click so well with anyone like him. Its such an amazing feeling and knowing that eventually the distance will end does help. I'm excited that you'll get to see your guy in 18 days. Thanks for the luck. I'll have to let you know how it goes

Thanks for your advice, that helped a lot! Also I hope you don't mind me sending ya a friend request either.

Comment

Welcome, Kati! I'm glad to see you've found a place that can help you out. If there's any advice or encouragement we can give, let us know. The blogs section is fun to browse as well, if you haven't yet.

And well, if you need to be more nerdy we can get you some anime shirts and some Nintendo swag.

<- Nerd as well.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD
              LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
              Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
              Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Thanks yea you are now my friend! yes it does we are making plans for it to but its gna be awhile still esp since he deploys soon But yea keep me updated on your time with your guy. ttyl have a great day!
                " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Welcome And finally another member in Wisconsin!

Comment

Hi Kati, welcome to the forums!

Comment

Working...
                    X