'Nother Newbie :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Nother Newbie :D

I'm Aimee, My boyfriend's name is Rob. I live in Indiana and he lives in Arizona. We've just recently started dating, and while things are wonderful so far, the distance thing comes up a lot when we talk. We're very committed to making this work, so I did a Google search for LDR support groups.

We met on a political discussion forum called Politico about six months ago, he PM'd me to say he thought I was very intelligent for my age. We started talking back and forth, which led to IMing about three months ago. At first the age gap bothered me, he's 37 and I'm 25. We have much more in common that anyone else I've dated though, and while I initially resisted, he sent me a Beanie Baby that he found on eBay. I have tons of them in storage, and a couple dozen scattered around my room (cos they are cute lol). It had a stickie note attached to it's tummy that said "PUHLEEEEZE??" I couldn't say no after that.

The only issue I had with us dating is the age thing, so with that out of the way, we're great. He's the most attentive, and the sweetest guy I've ever been with. He's also sillier than I am, which is next to impossible to pull off. I'm a full on goofball, and I love it. It's cute when we try to out silly each other.

He's also a geek like me (except lots better at it). Geeks rock!!

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

welcome
      I believe that two people are connected at the heart and it doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you live. There are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together - Julia Roberts

Comment

My boyfriend's name is Rob toooo! What a coincidence. c: Good luck to you both. <3

Comment

Originally posted by 2419miles View Post
          My boyfriend's name is Rob toooo! What a coincidence. c: Good luck to you both. <3
          How cool is that? Robs rock!! Good luck to both of you as well. And thank you for the welcomes everyone.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! It's absolutely amazing! You'll find tons of support here! I look forward to other future posts!

Comment

Welcome, glad you found us!
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                  LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
                  Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
                  Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Hi welcome.
                    There's almost the same age difference between me and my guy as well. I'm 21 and he's 31. I don't really think about it anymore.

Comment

Thank you all for more welcomes. You all are great. I've gotten so much reassurance here.

Milaya: The age thing was a big thing for me at first, but I need someone mature to center me. Rob fits me perfectly.

Comment

Thank you all for more welcomes. You all are great. I've gotten so much reassurance here.

Milaya: The age thing was a big thing for me at first, but I need someone mature to center me. Rob fits me perfectly.

Comment

Welcome, I just recently found this site too. Already I have felt that there are so many people with helpful ideas and great advice too. I look forward to more of your posts too

Comment

Welcome Aimee, this place is great for support!

Comment

Working...
                            X