Hello from NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NY

Hello all! Just a quick introduction - I'm a little bit new to the world of forums. I'm LuckyFin, and I'm a student in Upstate NY. I have been with my boyfriend for six years last month (whoa!) and he is living in FL. (and yes, we have been long distant for our entire relationship - it's getting quite tough!) I am currently a second smester senior at my college, about to (hopefully) get my degree in Media, Society, and the Arts. I'm actually doing my senior thesis on LDR and how many couples use the internet to form, further, and strengthen their relationship in today's virtual sphere. Wow, doesn't that make me sound smart...now if only it were the truth >.<! My boyfriend is not currently a member of the forum, though I'm not sure I could convince him to join, haha. He needs to protect his manly image and all that (eye roll...) I actually stumbled upon the forum when I was doing research for my senior project and thought that this would be a good place to do some field reasearch if some of you don't mind. I obviously would not be mentioning any names - more or less just having these forums serve as an example of virtual spaces for real life couples to meet up and hang out!

So yeah, hi! :o

Ello and welcome to LFAD!

Wow, congrats on making it 6 years!

Comment

Hello, nice to meet you!

Yeah, it's def had its ups and downs - but hopefully this is the tail end of the distance thing I'm so ready to just start my "real" life with him, haha.

Comment

Welcome!

Hope this site can be helpful for your relationship and thesis (I'm working on my dissertation now...). Could you send Michelle and Frank (the owner's of the site) an email with more details about how you might use the site for your research? I research online communication, and some information is fine for using without explicit permission because individuals have made it accessible to the public, but that line is a bit blurry. I just want to make sure you follow all the right steps so that you can get the best data. I had a friend who studied an online message board without getting permission from every member whose posts she analyzed, and it caused some delays in her research!

You'll have to share what you found with us!

Comment

That's a really good idea, and I'll be sure to do that. Like I said, I'm really not looking for specific individuals/examples just the forum in general as an example of a social virtual space for people to interact with each other based on shared experience - just to set everyone at ease. Mainly, I'm also looking for people in the same boat as I am, it gets hard not being able to relate with my friends when they complain that their boyfriend won't do this or that with her, or how he spends all of his time with his friends etc etc. I'd kill to be able to whine about that for once!

Comment

Awesome! Sounds like a cool project!

And this site has been a lifesaver for me... Most of my friends have no idea how I'm feeling. They are supportive, but they just don't know what to say most of the time. The people here are great!

Comment

Awesome. I'm loving everyone's signatures! They're so cute - I may have to make one, one of these days.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome! I hope the site (and all of us here) can help you in your research. I know how stressful that can be.

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                      "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
                      "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
                      "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Hi there

Welcome to LFAD
                        In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Welcome!

My boyfriend is from NY state =)

Comment

Originally posted by polkapiggy View Post
                            Welcome!

My boyfriend is from NY state =)
                            That's awesome I like NY alright...it's getitng old though. Doesn't feel like home anymore, when my heart is in FL

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD and hope you find the site helpful, both for your research and for support, advice and just plain companionship of like people.

Comment

Working...
                              X