Hello Everyone! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone! :)

I'm sure that this is basically what everyone that visits this section of the forum says, but i'm new here and really want this to become something awesome i'm really excited about stumbling upon this website via google after (unfortunatly) having a minor argument with my boyfriend and needing some advice. i figured it would be a really refreshing change of pace to find people who are going through what i am..because no matter how much people say they understand, they really don't until they've been through it!! sooo, hi everyone!!

Welcome! yea that is definitely the absolute truth you cant relate unless you have been there. I'm not saying our stories are the same, but we can definitely relate on alot of things. Hope it helps you as it has helped many of us!
    " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
    Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Hey ya -welcome to LFAD. Tell us a bit about you and your SO!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Thanks everyone

So, as you may have seen in my little signature thing, my boyfriend James and I have been together for over 4 years. He lives in England, and I live in the US. We met on Myspace in September 2006. It all began when he added me as a friend, and I kept looking at his profile picture thinking "wow, he's cute!" So I sent him a message to say that..and from there we kept sending messages and survey questionnaire things back and forth. A bit later we both started using yahoo messenger to type to each other. Eventually, we both got webcams and headsets to chat, but I embarrassed about the sound of my voice (bet he wishes I still was, lol!). I heard him on the phone near Christmas and couldn't understand his accent and mumbles at first :*) We talked more and more frequently, and fell in love.

Originally, I was going to attend school in London, which is about 2 hours away from his hometown. This was the idea for the first 8ish months of our relationship, until I got a letter saying I wasn't going to receive any financial aid We were both devastated when this happened, but the idea of breaking up was out of the question.

We met in person in October 2007, 13 months after we first chatted on myspace. It was the most wonderful 2 weeks of my life so far (at that point).

Since then, we went to Florida together in 08 for a month, I went to the UK for 2 weeks in 09 and then for 3 1/2 months later that year, and he's visited three times for a total of 8 weeks in 2010. We're planning to see each other in April for my birthday...and I'm waiting (impatiently) for an engagement ring anytime now

*phew!!!*

Sorry for boring everyone..that seems like a lot of rambling lol

But that's me and my boobug summed up!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome....
            Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Welcome.
              Thank you for sharing your story as well
              And it's very true. People/friends can tell you that they understand, but in reality they don't. Which is why this site is so great.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD and don't worry, you're not boring us

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
                I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

Welcome to the forums adorable story

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Welcome! Your story is really sweet!

Comment

Welcome! Such a lovely story

You're right, people who haven't been through what we have can't understand how hard yet rewarding an LDR can be... That's why you're gonna love this place! Feel free to add me

Comment

Hi and welcome! I love your name, it's so cute!

Comment

Working...
                          X