Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

Hey everybody!

I will give 10 points and a cyber cookie to anyone who can guess where my screen name comes from. DON'T GOOGLE IT!

I warn you now, I'm wordy and rambley...always. Except I don't really know what to say about myself. I'm a 20something. I'm getting my bachelors (this May!!!) in Horticulture, and I'm pursuing a Masters Degree in Education so that I can be an agriscience teacher. Anyone who knows of FFA knows the cool people I refer to when I say "Ag teacher" Everyone else: I want to teach plant science to high school kids. Its sort of consumed my life. I love plants, science, biology and the like...but don't ask me to watch your favorite ficus while you're on vacation...it won't last xD

I'm a family girl. My one younger sister, two parents and Bichon Frise mean the world to me, and (as my boyfriend knows very well) I would defend them beyond reason. I get a little crazy with anxiety sometimes...and am often known as a "google girl" who turns to the internet for answers...(one of the reasons I'm here ). I love theater and I like to write. I keep my own journal and I also write creatively on my own website, designed as a role play for fans of supernatural creatures and such. (We were into vampires and werewolves before Twilight etc made the scene!) - Its how I met my boyfriend! Basically...him and I are both nerds.

He's a Welsh 20something who totally seduced me with his nerd factor, his writing skills and his accent. He graduated with a degree in Forensic Science last May, and has always dreamed of moving to the States, working in a lab, and joining a hobby theater group with his SO...I just kind of gave him a general place to land. He's hoping to be out here by 2013...but thats SO far away. The last time I saw him was in September. I'm hoping to see him again in May. But its iffy.

When we started, we had the schedule of college students (i.e. no one cares how late you're up, and you can sleep during class. :P) Now, he's trying to get a job so that he can move out here with me, and I'm going for a masters degree. Long story short, the metaphorical tide has started to rise and the distance is starting to feel a little wider. It makes it especially hard when family and friends ask the questions like "why don't you find someone here and stop wasting your time?" or being told that I'm not REALLY in a relationship by someone...or that its unfair to both of us to hold out for so long when we're this young.

I came around looking for ideas of how to help us through it, and a little moral support, but I feel like I'll be gaining a lot more here! This seems like a great community! Looking forward to finally be able to talk to people who understand.

Hi welcome.
    Sorry, can't guess where your screen name is from though XD
    I also tend to turn to google for advice. Not always a good thing, if I'm trying to google my illness symptoms, since then I always end up thinking I'm dying from some kind of weird disease. ... or maybe.
    ... anyway. Welcome! hope you'll enjoy being here.

Comment

Welcome to the forums! The people here are awesome!!

Comment

Welcome, welcome

Comment

Welcome!!(:

Comment

Welcome to the forums! And I didn't have a clue so I googled it anyway but I promise I won't spill

Comment

Welcome to the site. You just seem like a ball of energy! As for your name the only thing I can think of is Fantasia with the ballerina spinning on a box but I bet that's wrong.

Comment

hey welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome to the forums ^-^
                    "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
                    Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X