HELLO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELLO!

My name is Michelle... I've been in an awesome online long distance relationship officially since august 15, 2009 (altho it was the 16th at 2am but we consider the 15th as our anniversary).

We met through world of warcraft, an online game, for those who dont know what it is... and we met for the first time in person.. one year ago today... March 17th 2010 (the luckiest day of my life! :P).

He proposed to me august 14 2010.. and our wedding is set to Dec 17, 2011...

lol a lot of dates :P

I am 23 and i live in Colombia (south america) and he is 21 and lives in USA.

Our issues: Getting over the distance to meet each other due to his parents fear of him being kidnapped when he landed in a guerrilla ridden country also known for drug dealing... and the fact that I dont have a US tourist visa and when i petitioned for it.. it was denied...

NEVERTHELESS soon the distance will be over and we will live happily ever after

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

what was the reason for denying your visa? my SO has tried once before, and they denied him for "not speaking English well enough" (he is in Mexico). that made me Laugh cause it sounds like total BS! lol. Are you guys getting married in Colombia or the US?? Welcome to the forums

Comment

Welcome!!
        "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
        a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
        which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
        - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
        regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
        The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
        - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Welcome to the forums
          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Welcome ^^

Comment

Welcome! I hope you find this place as helpful as I did. (:
              Way to kick international LDR issues in the butt! I hope you guys figure all the legal stuff out smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by OliveOyl View Post
                what was the reason for denying your visa? my SO has tried once before, and they denied him for "not speaking English well enough" (he is in Mexico). that made me Laugh cause it sounds like total BS! lol. Are you guys getting married in Colombia or the US?? Welcome to the forums

I speak english very well... so obviously they couldnt pull that one on me... but in any case..

they denied my visa because to their terms.. i didnt have enough economical and social reasons that proved that my stay in the US was only going to be temporary. Even though i brought all the papers they asked for.. they didnt even check anything... and she told me that my visa was denied i tried showing her the papers and she wouldnt look at them at all... She told me "Come back when you have a job"

i dont work because im a full time student.. and my college doesnt give u part time classes anyway so.... yeah...

He spoke to a lawyer in january and the lawyer told him that its better for us to get married in colombia and the proceed with the green card petition...so Me and John are getting married this summer under the law of Colombia and on December under my catholic church..

The lawyer said that the Green card generally takes about 6months to a year for ppl to get it, but that in our condition he thought that we'd probably get it between 4-6 months, because we have a lot of proof of our relationship with pictures and even chat history...

Laywer is pretty expensive tho... about 5k dollars (i odnt remember if thats for everything tho)

Comment

welcome to the forums and goodluck with all the paperwork :/ Keep us updated! ^-^
                  "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
                  Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Originally posted by Angelmichu View Post
                    I speak english very well... so obviously they couldnt pull that one on me... but in any case..

they denied my visa because to their terms.. i didnt have enough economical and social reasons that proved that my stay in the US was only going to be temporary. Even though i brought all the papers they asked for.. they didnt even check anything... and she told me that my visa was denied i tried showing her the papers and she wouldnt look at them at all... She told me "Come back when you have a job"

i dont work because im a full time student.. and my college doesnt give u part time classes anyway so.... yeah...

He spoke to a lawyer in january and the lawyer told him that its better for us to get married in colombia and the proceed with the green card petition...so Me and John are getting married this summer under the law of Colombia and on December under my catholic church..

The lawyer said that the Green card generally takes about 6months to a year for ppl to get it, but that in our condition he thought that we'd probably get it between 4-6 months, because we have a lot of proof of our relationship with pictures and even chat history...

Laywer is pretty expensive tho... about 5k dollars (i odnt remember if thats for everything tho)
                    felicidades on the engagement !

Second piece of friendly advice, i don't think the lawyer is correct on it only taking 4-6 months for you to get your green card the reason i say that is because everyone i know from the US who has married someone from South America (except for Chile and Argentina) it's taken them closer to a year and a half to get it because it's just how the process goes (it's in order of when they receive everything). One of the couples i know dated for 7 years before getting married and had tons of proof of their relationship and 2 years after applying for the green card she just got it at the end of Dec 2010.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Glad to have you here! I hope ya'll get all the legal stuff sorted out.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. Congrats on your engagement. I hope all goes well from here.
                        Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!
                            LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
                            Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
                            Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your engagement! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
                              "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                              Made it official: September 17, 2010
                              Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                              Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                              Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                              Got married: November 21, 2012
                              Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                              Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X