Hello, here is my LDR story =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, here is my LDR story =)

I am new to the site, but already it has helped me alot! My parents dont really support my relationship, they dont oppose but they dont understand it at all either. My friends just think Im insane.
    Mike and I met on myspace. We talked every so often but soon that turned into everyday and eventually we exchanged numbers. After a week of spending every free second on the phone he told me he was going into the army, right before asking me to be his girl. It took me a few weeks and him asking three more times before I realized that I wanted him to be mine, and that already I had deep feelings for him. He got me through so many hard times and kept me smiling. September 13th, 2009 I told him yes, I would be his girlfriend. The next four months I fought like crazy with my parents to go see him. My mother even got as far as calling a travel agent before my father told me it was not going to happen. So, I said my goodbye's to him through the phone when he left for basic training.
    This is the hardest situation I have been through, and I feel so helpless. I can do nothing but wait for the government to decide if im going to get to hug and kiss my love before he gets sent to war. But, when I get home and there is a letter in the mailbox I can't help but smile. The second I see his messy handwritting on the envelope I picture him writting it, dressed in his ACU's. By the time I've finished reading the letter there is not a doubt in my mind. I know I can handle whatever comes our way because no matter what we go through now, if I get to be with him in the end then it will all be worth it.
    He is my bestfriend, boyfriend, and hero.
    I never would have chosen this but since I met him I couldnt imagine it any other way
    Last edited by xGabbriela; March 13, 2010, 05:10 PM. Reason: OPSEC

I know I already welcomed you in the thread you posted in the anniversary forum but I just wanted to say welcome again, your story is very sweet! I really hope that you find this place to be a great support to you and I truly hope that the two of you are able to meet in person very soon .

Comment

Welcome to the forum : )
      I'm Erin, my SO is a 2LT in the Army.
      He and I have been together 2 years and have been LD for all that time.
      He hasn't been deployed yet, but I have family members who have so if you ever want any helpful hints on sending care packages, filling out customs forms, etc. just let me know.
      Has he gone through AIT yet? It didn't make much sense when you said he was graduating basic soon and they might deploy him already, he needs to go through AIT first.
      Feel free to PM me anytime : )

Comment

Welcome, your story is really sweet! I hope that you two are able to meet soon! This place is great, I am newish too, but its been a lot of help for me.

Comment

aw thats such a sweet story! I know how it is with parents that won't understand *sigh*, anyways, welcome to the community!

Comment

Thanks ! & yeah, that has been so frustrating >
            He even offerd to pay for me to go seem him at one point but my parents succeded in keeping my here 'till he went to basic. Now I have to wait; but they WILL NOT be able to keep me from going to see him before he deploys. I will run away if I must.

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

That's such a cute story :,) my parents don't approve of my LDR either. They think that since I can't see him and spend time with him, the whol relationship is a waste of time. But Ive learned to ignore them because my boy means a lot to me. Don't let your parents get under your skin. In the long run, it's your choice; not your parents.

I don't know your parents' background, but I'm guessing they don't approve for the same reason my parents don't. They just want you to be happy and their version of happy is spending every day together in person. They also may just not understand because most adults have trouble understanding why younger people do things. You just have to understand their point of view.

Personally, I think LDRs are wayyy better than CDRs. The distance tests your love and if you make through being apart for so long, you've learned to trust that person with anything and that is what the relationship is built on.

Welcome
                "If you could be a part of my body, I'd let you be my heart...for I'd want you to be the center of all my emotions and the last stop when it's time for me to leave."

Comment

Thanks karbauer. & yeah, my mother is more open minded about it but my dad is just certain im going to get hurt. He seems to think that because this boy is not here, spending all his time wit me, he cant possibly care. It's frustrating but i've given up on explaining it to him. Mike is already doing a good job of proving how much he cares, though, even from so far away and wiht so little time to do it in. It's starting to become clear to my dad that this is a lot more than he thought it was, and that there are REAL feelings on both ends. Hopefully, this means that next time i get a chance to see him I will have my dad's support *fingers crosssed*.

Originally posted by karbauer View Post

Personally, I think LDRs are wayyy better than CDRs. The distance tests your love and if you make through being apart for so long, you've learned to trust that person with anything and that is what the relationship is built on.

Welcome
                  Im starting to agree with that. So many people in CDR's take their partners for granted, try to control them, neither person seems to have their own lives, and it seems to become a relationship based on convinience and being so used to having the other person around, not any actual feelings.
                  I mean, it's possible to see some of those negatives in an LDR & it's possible to have a great CDR... but what I've started to notice is usually, people don't bother going through all the difficulties, or cant handle the difficulties, in an LDR unless they are really in love. & an LDR that becomes a CD, or a CDR that goes through a period where it is LD becomes stronger, and so much deeper. It teaches you to value everything about that other person, and treasure every second spent together.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!!
                    "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
                    "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
                    "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

You made me tear up! =] The SO is also in the Army. All I've known though we met while he was on leave between Iraq and being station in the states. I love your last line about not imagining it this way but couldn't see it any other way. As soon as he said he was in the Army I thought, Oh well this should be a fun two weeks, I'll enjoy it, but then I'll never see him again, I know it. And now we're 1 year and 3 months into and have been talking about our future together since not long after we got together. =]

"He is my bestfriend, boyfriend, and hero." Words I often use to describe my SO too!!! =D

WELCOME! Definitely have gotten through many of those 'down times' easier and quicker because of the support here.

Comment

Thanks
                        & yeah, it's hard but worth it. I would prob. have had the same reaction you did, but it's amazing how much we realize we can get through for our boys .
                        This site has helped me so much too. It's great knowing you are not the only one going through it, and that others have made it.

Comment

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here
                          In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                          Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                          Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                          My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Working...
                          X