Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi :-)

Hi everyone!

I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this place. It's often hard to talk about my relationship with people around me, they either don't understand why we even bother, or have no experience with LDR so they don't understand what's it like. I've skimmed through a few topics and it's such a relief to see so many people have similar questions and issues.

I've been in a relationship with a wonderful guy for about 8 months. We met on a social networking site (not a dating site so it took us both by surprise) and it's been long distance from the start. We live in different countries but we're only a time zone away with a direct flight and affordable tickets so it could be worse. The biggest issue is his tight work schedule, he gets very few days off so we see each other every 2-3 months for about a week. At the moment it's been exactly a month since we were last together, and exactly one month until we see each other again.

We're both committed and affectionate, and trust has never been an issue. We're also on the same page about this being a serious thing that will hopefully one day result in marriage. It's still early days so we don't have a specific plan yet, but we've set a time frame of about 4 years to close the distance.

But there are rarely days when I'm not feeling insecure and fretting over something between us. I'm aware this is mostly triggered by my own insecurities and lack of confidence and I do a relatively good job of controlling it. I feel like he can handle the distance much better than me, and it sometimes makes me think like he doesn't care as much I do, and I despair alone. But when I snap out of it, I see that he does in fact need me a lot and frequently shows me how much he cares.

So anyway, this is my story. I look forward to getting to know you people

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Hi! welcome to the forums! I'm in an international relationship too! They sure are tough! This place is super perfect for anything you need to know! And everyone is super friendly!

Comment

Hi and welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself on this site and find answers you need or share opinions you've been taught. I can't wait to hear more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the forums ^^

Comment

Welcome! This is definitely a great place to connect with other people who understand. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Comment

Welcome, I'm glad you found the forums! (:
            There are a lot of us international, inter-timezone couples here. This place has been a great support in my times of insecurities.
            Best of luck to you! (:

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. You'll find lots of support here, like I do.
              "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
              a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
              which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
              - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
              regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
              The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
              - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Welcome to the forum Yea its easier to discuss relationships (LD) here than with people around us who find it silleh..
                "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
                Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Welcome, this place is wonderful. Full of people who relate and understand!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome to the forums, i met my SO online too and were international. This place has helped me loads.
                        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I can relate to what you said. Its so hard discussing relationships with others who don't know what its like. This site has helped me alot. So welcome hope you like it here too!
                          I love you Nathan <3
                          sigpic
                          5/25/09 <3

Comment

Hey welcome to the forums
                            Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

Hi...welcome to LFAD.
                              Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
                              X