Another Newbie!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Newbie!!

Hi guys! My name's Hannah. I'm 17 and I met my long-distance boyfriend, Taylor, over a year ago online through a mutual friend he grew up with. At first we HATED each other, but now we've been dating for over 10 months!

We met in person about a month ago (after AGES of persuading parents and canceled plans) and had the most magical week of our lives (we even went out for Valentine's dinner!). But since he's gone home, it's been pretty hard for both of us. I've been familiar with this site for a while, but I just recently signed up as a member to try and help ease the loneliness a little.

Taylor has a good two and a half years on me, and he works night shifts as a cook/waiter for most of the week. When he's not asleep during the day, he's writing or exercising to lose weight for the Navy Reserve. But we still manage to talk on the phone, online, and constantly text back and forth every day. We even send each other letters and gifts on occasion.

We come from different cultures, races, regions, and financial backgrounds, but neither of us would trade the richness our relationship has brought us--or the 1,000 miles between New Jersey and Georgia-- for the world!

I'm really glad to be in this community. I think it's not only going to help me cope, but humble me a little; reading some of the stories on here absolutely stunned me and made me realize my distance from Taylor isn't that bad at all. We'll be seeing each other again in June, but plenty of couples would be lucky to see each other once a year. Love really DOES know no distance!

-Hannah <3
    Last edited by Hannah; March 16, 2010, 08:22 PM.

Welcome Hannah! You will find a lot of support here. I love this site, it has helped me so much! LDR's are hard and the pain is real, but the love is wonderful and the love is REAL!
    I know what you mean about the humbling...people here have been in relationships for soo long and its amazing to me! I have know mine for 1 year and 4 months, we have never met in person...yet!, we have been "together" for 4 months. Love really knows no distance!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Hannah if you ever have questions just ask people on here and you'll get all the support you need. I just joined the site a few days ago and my questions have been answered perfectly. Have fun
      "If you could be a part of my body, I'd let you be my heart...for I'd want you to be the center of all my emotions and the last stop when it's time for me to leave."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Hannah! I'm Erika.

I've only been here for a few days, but this place has already been so much help for me. See you around!!

Comment

Welcome!
          Love definitely knows no distance, or race, or religion, or culture....
          Everyone on here is just wonderful and you can be assured that everyone will try to be supportive.

Comment

Thank you so much for the warm introductions and welcomes, guys! I'm really glad to be here! (:

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, I hope you find it to be a great support to you! Some of the stories on here really are amazing, aren't they?!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                  I'm Erin, my SO and I have been together two years and have been long distance the whole time thanks to the US Army : )

Comment

Welcome Erin!
                    The name is Alyssa, the SO is in the Army. Been together for 1 year, long distance since day one.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!
                      "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
                      "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
                      "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Hi Hannah, welcome to LFAD
                        In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Welcome Hannah!

I'm 17 as well, and when I first met to my fiance, I thought he was kind of an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                          X