Ciao!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ciao!

So, hello, or ciao actually, since i'm italian. My name is Joyce, i'm 18, and i'm in a relationship with the perfect boy for me, if it wasn't that he lives more than 9,000 miles away from me. We dated during the last two months of my exchange year in the states, knowing that we would have gone our separate ways once i would have gone back home, but once that happened we just knew that ours wasn't just "puppy love" or whatever you want to call it, and decided to try to make things work.
    I visited my SO this christmas, he came over here for a week this month, and i'll see him again in three months and a bit. i did not believe in LDRs, or love in your teens, but.. he just changed me, my views, made me become a better person.
    is it normal to have so much unconditional trust and love and everything for someone on the other side of the world?
    <3

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Welcome to the forums! We have lots of international relationships on here, so I'm sure you'll see how possible it really all is

Comment

Of course, it's normal. My SO is also on the other side of the world but we've been together for more than a year. It just proves that love happens when you least expect it and distance doesn't matter.

Anyway, welcome to the forums Joyce!
      "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
      a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
      which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
      - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
      regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
      The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
      - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Welcome! Things tend to turn out in a way we least expect them to, huh. (:

Comment

Welcome to the forums and yea until you meet the one LDR's can seem far fetched ^-^
          "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
          Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forums! It is pretty amazing where you will find love sometimes.

Comment

Welcome! My SO is 10,000 miles from me... I know the feeling. Stay positive and look forward to the future! GOOD LUCK!
              sigpic

I Cry Cause I Miss You, Smile Cause I Have You, I Can't Live Without You!

Comment

Welcome to the forums ^^

Comment

Benvenuto!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

as much as distance sucks, i'm so glad to see how many LDRs are surviving, how strong they are, and how so many people have something special. i am so glad that this community exists, i feel like it's going to be much help whenever i may be in need.
                    xoxo

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Hi Joyce,, welcome! It is possible..there are a lot of people on here who do it!

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD!!! :-)

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forums.
                          Yep, it is possible theres alot of us here that are international, myself included.
                          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Hey welcome to the forums
                            Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

Hi Joyce. Welcome...
                              Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
                              X