Finally Eventually!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Eventually!

Hi there! First of all, this site is amazing . I joined here months ago and only now worked up the courage to make a post and introduce myself. So! I'm Holiday and I'm from Rhode Island in the U.S. and my boyfriend is from the eastern part of Ireland. We met each other six years ago on a message board for a band we both like, and we had our first in-person visit last January (we're up to four visits now). At the moment he's working as a librarian and I'm in graduate school working on a master's in History. We've been talking about approaching the next step of our future by getting married and closing the distance in the (hopefully) not-too-distant future, and it's been wonderful to see so many people's experiences with that on here. This seems like an awesome community and the idea of talking to other people in long-distance relationships is exciting. Looking forward to posting on here!
    "These are the days of miracle and wonder. This is the long-distance call."--Paul Simon
    "I can't tell one from another. Did I find you, or you find me?
    There was a time before we were born. If someone asks, this where I'll be. . .where I'll be."--Talking Heads

Hi Holiday! Welcome to the forums! You will love the people here, they are so nice
    Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Hi there! I am glad you decided to post and get support. It's a great place here!
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forums ^^

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Wow, you two met each other 6 years ago?? That's a long time!

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD! Glad you've taken the step forward to start posting!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD
              Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
              And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
              ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forums
                As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

hey Holiday, welcome! i'm glad you got the courage to post!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Hi and welcome to LFAD! You'll find this and friendly, helpful little place
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello! And welcome

Comment

Thanks a lot, everyone!
                        "These are the days of miracle and wonder. This is the long-distance call."--Paul Simon
                        "I can't tell one from another. Did I find you, or you find me?
                        There was a time before we were born. If someone asks, this where I'll be. . .where I'll be."--Talking Heads

Comment

Hi welcome!
                          It is truly an awesome community.
                          I hope you'll like being here.

Comment

Working...
                          X