Hello, newbie :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, newbie :D

So, I discovered this site when I first started my long distance relationship..but finally decided to join and say "Hello" now

First, I'll give you some information on me! I'm 21 years old and I live in Pompano Beach, FL, USA! I study English Education and hope to graduate soon from University. Before I met my SO, I was interested in his country before, wanting to learn the language and visit it eventually. He is from Brazil, and lives in Valinhos, Sao Paulo. I met him, Fernando, on a language learning website and I decided to add him because I thought he was cute and I wanted more help with Portuguese! We started talking in December of last year, 2010, but until February, we were only friends. We've been in a relationship since the 8th of February and I'll be visiting him in one week in Brazil, May 3rd! It'll be my first time in Brazil, but also South America. I think I'm most excited to finally meet him though! I decided to join this site as a way to get new friends who were experiencing the same things as I was, being in a long distance relationship and also to get support from others, because it's not easy, but he's the only person who ever made me feel love

I use Facebook so please, feel free to add me there because I'll upload my pictures from the trip there, but also on skype we can talk! I look forward to hearing from you guys here, thanks so much for reading it. byyyeeee and as the Brazilians say, BEIJOS or kisses hehe!

https://www.facebook.com/A.N.McCormick

Welcome! i think you'll like it here. (:

Comment

Have fun next week! ;D And welcome!
      "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
      a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
      which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
      - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
      regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
      The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
      - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Welcome to the forums, this site is amazing, and you'll find all the friends and support you can be looking for!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Hello, Ashley! Welcome to the forum! I just added you on Facebook. I am living in Delaware, and I met my boyfriend 5 years ago when he was living in Sao Paulo, SP. He now lives in Orlando, FL. I am also trying to learn Portuguese, but probably not as successfully as you. I would like to be your friend.
          <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

welcome to the forum
            "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
            Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Welcome to the forum awwww! chance to learn the language and meet your SO for the very first time happy for you!!

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD! Congrats on getting to see your guy so soon!

Comment

welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forums ^^

Comment

Welcome to the boards! =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Thank you all for the welcome

Comment

welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Your anniversary is my birthday. I'm excited for you that you get to see your boyfriend so soon.
                            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                            Made it official: September 17, 2010
                            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                            Got married: November 21, 2012
                            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Welcome This forum is great, I'm sure you'll like it here! )

Comment

Working...
                              X