Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie! toronto vs japan?

Hello all

I'm new and just wanted to say hello. I stumbled upon this site because in the next 2 days, the love of my life will be heading to Japan for a year contract of teaching english. Not only is he there to teach, he's there to live out his dreams. Since the day I found out he was leaving till now.. has been the hardest 3 weeks of life. I live and work in Toronto. hmm I think its about 6600 miles apart... quite far. Not to mention the 13 hr time difference. We've decided to make this work. We want nothing but for OUR dreams to come true. All we can do right now is think of the present... and doesnt hurt to dream and envision our future together.
    I'm a JR Architect at home, but the past 6 months have been nothing but me questioning life. I see my SO about to live his dream and me... I have none. I know this time will be great for me to find what exactly I am looking for myself. One thing I am sure of is his love. We've known eachother for 12 years. kind of a grade school to highschool to college crush... for the both of us!. We've always had a thing for eachother but the timing was never right.. up until 2 years ago. We have had our ups and downs from moving out quite early in the relationship to break up to finding the passion to falling even harder for eachother. Its been a roller coaster... of love? heh These past 3 weeks have been the hardest.. but also the best. We've grown so much as a couple and I know that after experiencing this our love has gotten stronger.

He leaves Thursday.. I'm going to see him tonight.. and tomorrow.. up until he gets to the airport. I know its going to be hard.... im really scared.... this would probably be the first I've ever dealt with any sort of loss.... I have hope though. Since we have decided to have a LDR we've been planning out possible skype sessions as well as visiting times. Its all so new.. and I have yet to experience the seperation. (only a matter of days now).

As mentioned earlier, We have been talking about me going to live in Japan with him for 3 months. I think this is what I need for myself. not only is he there.. but I have been questioning my existence and role in life for a while now. Having this oppurtunity to live my life before I get stuck in a job I dont even know if I want tobe in... Anyway- trying to plan a move to Japan is in the works and we talk about this alot.. and will be once hes finally there. For now.. its self reflection & growth.

Phew.. thats all. the nitty gritty..

thanks for reading

Hi welcome to the forum!:-) Yes as long both wants to makes this work, it will work..set skype date,send mails to each other and etc...1 year will be moving fast...Be positive..My SO and I was 7000+ miles in distance and 15hours time difference..

Comment

Welcome to the forums ^^

Comment

welcome to the forums hope you get everything straightened out ^-^
        "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
        Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
          "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
          a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
          which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
          - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
          regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
          The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
          - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome, chi! What part of Japan is he going to be stationed in?

And no worries, you've come to the right place for support, there are tons of members who experience the time difference you will have and can give you loads of tips about managing the time, what to do, and how to get through being so far apart. I think it's good you're considering staying in Japan for a little while as well, you'll be able to experience a whole other culture firsthand and have an adventure.

Comment

Welcome to the forums and toronto eh? what part of tdot do you live in?

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! It's OK to be scared, but after you look around here a bit, you'll see your relationship is totally doable Plenty of members are in similar situations, and you'll get loads of support at this place!
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to LFAD... My SO also lives in Toronto... just let us know if you need any help!!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Theres a lot of people that are totally willing to help you make this thing work...all you need to do is ask. Hope the forum is fun and enjoyaboe for you!
                      National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Working...
                      X