Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I'm Allie from Cali :D (Long introduction)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm Allie from Cali :D (Long introduction)

Hello everyone

I came accross this website when I was searching for a quote from the movie "Going the Distance".
    I am more than excited to meet people, exchange advice, vent, etc with people who are also in long distance relationships.

No one ever understands. "Why not find someone close?" "He's not a REAL boyfriend, just an internet one" etc. It gets really hard to deal with sometimes. People can be so close minded and judgemental.

Well, heres a little bit about myself and my fiance.

My name is Allie. I'm 21. I'm engaged to James (Jim). He's 24. We've been together 4+ years.
    We met in a chat room on yahoo in February 2007. I was 17 and he was 20. I thought he was an asshole, and he thought I was just an obnoxious teenager. We talked for a little bit, and then went our seperate ways. I ended up deleting him from my friends list. I guess he didn't delete me because lo and behold, about a week later he IM'd me and said he was bored. That night we ended up talking ALL night, until about 7am the next day, and made plans to meet online again. We both lived in California, about 3 hours apart. We started talking every night, all night long. In March he made me admit that I loved him. At that point I didn't even know his name. Our conversation went like this.

Him- How do you feel about me?
    Me- I like you.
    Him- Nah, you love me.
    Me- How can I love you if I don't even know your name?
    Him- It's Jim.
    Me- I love you, Jim.

In April he ended up moving from Cali to Texas. When we started talking again, we realized we wanted to be in a serious relationship and move in together. We started planning. He was going to move back to Cali and live with me and my friends family (I was 17 but I lived with friends). But as the date for him moving got closer, it kept getting post poned. Then in June, I broke up with him. I didn't think he was serious. He was on my mind constantly that summer, and in September I got ahold of him again. Things picked back up just like they never ended. Only we loved eachother so much more. It was like realizing what we were missing made us that much more passionate about eachother.

We started talking about moving in together. But I wasn't going to risk it this time. On November 6 2007, I bought him a plane ticket from Texas to California. I sent him an email and told him to call me. I told him he had a flight to catch at 5 in the morning. So he packed his bags, and I picked him up at 10 AM the next morning. Meeting was AMAZING. He was tall and had beautiful long red hair, and I walked up to him, and he just put his arms around me and I was complete. We got in my friends car, in the backseat, and had our first kiss on the freeway on our way home to start our lives together.

The following April, we moved to Las Vegas. We lived there near his family for 2 years. We got engaged in May 2009. Then last year, in May 2010, we moved back to California. In August he moved back to take care of his sick mom and dad. I stayed here. (his parents hate me and kicked me out thats why we moved back in May).

Here I continue working on my cake decorating career, and he's there, helping his parents, and making video games. We have plans to move back in together sometime this year, in Washington.

The last time I saw him was 3 months ago in February, he flew me to Vegas for Valentines day. We spent an amazing week at a hotel, then we changed my flight for a week later and I stayed another week with him at his parents house because I didn't want to leave his side yet, but he couldn't NOT be there to take care of his parents. (They're both elderly).

So yeah, basically that is a quick run down on our story. We're madly in love. We talk on the phone and text most of the day. We're trying to plan a trip for me to come back to Vegas and rent a room again for 5 days, and the couple we lived with when we lived in California the first time, Ashley & Johnny (my best friends) would go too, and rent a room as well. Ashley lives with me now, and he rand Johnny are in a long distance relationship, too. Cali to Missouri.

I'm really excited to be here, and you guys very well may see Ashley on here as well. We're both having a hard time being in long distance relationships when we used to live with our fiances.

I can't wait to get to know all of you!

Hi allie , mi name is Mirna im 23 from the state of NM. ur story is really intereSting as all of ours here. welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome to the forums! I hope you get a lot of help, ecouragement and support in your time here!
        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Welcome to LFAD~ It's awesome tha you live in Redding, that's where my cousin lives and she married her long distance fiance So maybe it's a good luck place!

Comment

awww the part when you told him you love him is so so so cute.
            welcome to the forums, this is such a lovely support group!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome! I live in NJ and my SO lives in Cali!

Hope this forum helps you!!!

Comment

welcome to the forums! From So Cal =)

Comment

Welcome to the forums ^^

Comment

Welcome Allie!! I loved "Going the distance" too.
                      Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Working...
                      X