Greetings (again)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings (again)!

Hi All! My name's Rory, and it's good to be back on the site (I was an active member about a year and a half ago in a previous LDR).

Here's my current story:
    My SO and I have known each other since high school (7 years ago), when I had a huge crush on him. I had a bf at the time, so i didn't act on it. We had friends in common and over time began to hang out more and more.

After high school I started dating his best friend. At this point I no longer had a crush on him, and considered him one of my best friends. We hung out all the time ,and often joked that he was the third person in our relationship, because we saw so much of him. It was great at the time, because we had a ton in common. My ex and I were even contemplating getting an apartment with him because we all got along so well. Well after a little over a year, my ex and I broke up because things just weren't working out. It wasn't a bad break-up, and we still see each other around from time to time and catch up. Well, the friend and I stayed in contact, because we had so much in common, especially musical interests.

We both love the same band: Eisley, and we don't know anyone else who loves them, so whenever they're in town, we'd go to see them, and sometimes other bands as well. A little over a month ago, we went to a show together, and were having a blast. Then at the end of the night he kissed me. And ever since then we've been together.

Only problem is that tonight he left for basic training for the air force. I feel extremely empty and heartbroken, not only at missing a SO, but also someone who has been such a great friend for so long. He only left today, and I know things will probably get worse before they get better, but I remember this site being a source of comfort for me in the past. It's good to be back. It looks like a lot has changed.
    Why do you wait for me?
    How do you wait for me?
    I'm lost and alone without you here in my arms.
    I'm lost and alone without you here by my side.
    Here's a song for you, lovely
    Remember that it's for you only, for you only.
    My heart is caught in a landslide
    And it beats for you only, for you only.

-"My Lovely" by Eisley

Hi Rory, Welcome back, I'm Jessica

How long will he be gone for the basic training? Does he know where he'll be after that?
    Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Hello and welcome
      Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
      First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Welcome back to the forums ^^

Comment

Hello and welcome, also basic shouldn't be bad, he'll be gone for the normal 4 months and then back for a month or two (one of my friend, her boyfriend just got back from basic training in the air force and it was 4 months for him).

Also philly eh, i maybe moving there soon either philly or pittsburgh!

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Welcome to the forums!
            "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
            a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
            which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
            - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
            regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
            The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
            - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Originally posted by Riyko View Post
              Hello and welcome, also basic shouldn't be bad, he'll be gone for the normal 4 months and then back for a month or two (one of my friend, her boyfriend just got back from basic training in the air force and it was 4 months for him).

Also philly eh, i maybe moving there soon either philly or pittsburgh!
              His graduation from basic is the first weekend in July, so only 6 weeks, but he went to college first (i think there's two routes you can take, and the academy one is the one that's four months). But they said he'll be at tech school in California for a while after that, and won't come home in between.

You should definitely move to philly. It's pretty awesome here.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!
              Why do you wait for me?
              How do you wait for me?
              I'm lost and alone without you here in my arms.
              I'm lost and alone without you here by my side.
              Here's a song for you, lovely
              Remember that it's for you only, for you only.
              My heart is caught in a landslide
              And it beats for you only, for you only.

-"My Lovely" by Eisley

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

I LOVE EISLEY!!! I've never met anyone else who listens to them! They're so amazing live.
                  Also welcome back

Comment

Working...
                  X