Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the other side of the world

Hi guys!

I'm actually from the other side of the world. Kumusta from the Philippines!

My boyfriend (who's Filipino like me) met via miRC last year. Funny, it had been years since I last used that chat app and of all nights, it was that one special summer evening. I found him to be smart, funny, articulate, and geeky (I'm a bit of a geek so it's a definite plus for me). It took two months for him to woo me (he had to ask permission from my mom even though I'm already 25! cultural differences here). We've met four times already (we're islands apart...300 air miles as a matter of fact) and we're looking forward to meeting again very soon.

Long distance relationships are tough. My friends were always saying that we wouldn't last a month, yet here we are, waiting 1 more month to celebrate our first year

Hope to have fun, and most importantly, support in this forum. Cheers fellow LDRs!

Welcome to LFAD!
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
    a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
    which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
    regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
    The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
    - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Welcome to the forums! We have lots of people who are across the world (including me now, hah, if you count the US as the base). My SO is Aussie, I'm American, and you'll find lots of us in international relationships. I hope you enjoy it here.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome! I'm from your side of the world! And my boyfriend is on the opposite side.

Comment

Hey! My boyfriend is living near you, and I'm near Chicago! Glad your relationship has worked so long, I feel your pain when friends don't really understand. But thats what LFAD is for!!

Comment

My sister in law is flipino, i love her! haha totally unrelated but just wanted to say

Welcome!

Comment

Hello! Im Filipino too and from the Philippines. Were both newbies here as well. hehe

Comment

Welcome Filipino too
                "Love wins everything especially fear."

Comment

aww this is so sweet! welcome at LFAD!

Comment

Congratulations for proving your friends wrong. Some people still don't think my SO and I will make it because of our distance, but we're going to. I know he's the man I'm going to marry. I hope you continue to be happy in your relationship. Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD & congrats on your 1 year anniversary

Comment

Working...
                      X