Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from California

Hi! My name's Jimmy

I don't recall how I found this site, but I decided to join because I recently got involved in an LDR with a boy in Utah. We met online in January but didn't start a relationship until March and I'm going to see him for the first time this Saturday He's pretty much amazing and we're both nerds you could say, though he loves Apple while I prefer PC

Anyways, I'm glad I found this website and the community here seems nice and supportive.

Welcome! I'm on Apple's side. ((:

Comment

Utah's a bit..... unaccommodating with homosexuality. So I feel for your significant other who likely doesn't express that side of himself while he's around family or friends. Unless he lives in or near SLC which is a little more liberal. I used to live in Utah. I used to be Mormon for that matter. So yeah.

Anyway, welcome.
      "The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson."
      -Tom Bodett

Comment

Originally posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
        Utah's a bit..... unaccommodating with homosexuality. So I feel for your significant other who likely doesn't express that side of himself while he's around family or friends. Unless he lives in or near SLC which is a little more liberal. I used to live in Utah. I used to be Mormon for that matter. So yeah.

Anyway, welcome.
        No, I know, he's told me lots about that. He's actually out to his parents. They do live near SLC and his family isn't Mormon and are quite liberal it seems because they took it pretty well.

And thanks

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
        Welcome! I'm on Apple's side. ((:
        Booo!!
        But thank you :P

Comment

Hey, welcome to the forum =)
          Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
          First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
            ♥Started talking online around: 10.31.09
            Started getting serious on: 2.14.10
            Met in person for the first time: 10.11.10
            Closed the distance on 7.29.11 ♥

Comment

Welcome! My SO and I both have PC's so I guess you would like us more than your guy. Good luck with everything, and welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Jimmy! I'm Jessica

I would have to say I'm in the middle about the Apple vs. PC thing, lol I have a iPhone but my laptop is just a HP
                Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys

Originally posted by blferguson1s View Post
                  Welcome! My SO and I both have PC's so I guess you would like us more than your guy. Good luck with everything, and welcome to LFAD!
                  I don't dislike that about him, I just don't understand it Makes for some interesting conversations.

Originally posted by MissShortie View Post
                  Welcome to LFAD Jimmy! I'm Jessica

I would have to say I'm in the middle about the Apple vs. PC thing, lol I have a iPhone but my laptop is just a HP
                  I have an HP laptop too, but an Android phone

Comment

I guess I should clarify. I meant you would like us more than your guy would like us. Sorry, didn't realize how it came out when it was typed.

Comment

Originally posted by JIMB0 View Post
                      I have an HP laptop too, but an Android phone
                      I JUUUST Switched to a Android phone Today! LOVE it!
                      Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Welcome!!! What part of Cali are you from?

Comment

Hello and Welcome

I'm from Utah and while i don't agree with the religion (i'm not mormon), I absolutely adore the state and how beautiful it is you'll see the beauty of the state when you get there , but alas i currently live in Canada.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Yeah, the scenery is beautiful in Utah. I spent a good year and a half there. I can't wait to move back. Me and my SO have plans to go back and raise a family there in my old non-denominational church in Provo. Although I'm considering moving to Sandy too. Not really sure where to yet.
                            "The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson."
                            -Tom Bodett

Comment

Working...
                            X