Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have found this site sooner...

Hello fellow LDRs

I'm Cathy (age 20) and my SO is named Max (age 19). I'm ecstatic that there is an actual community of people who understand how I can love a man who is an ocean away.

Max and his friends were touring the U.S and my city was the last destination before the summer's end and their return to the U.K. Max was the sullen and moody friend who didn't party and seemed determined not to have any fun. I'm pretty much the embodiment of everything he hates in the world. Maybe opposites attract? We couldn't get enough of each other. I kept insisting that we were just friends even after he extended his trip to spend the rest of my break with me before I went back to school.

Finally, on his last night I told him that I was falling in love with him. He was a little shocked and told me that he wasn't sure how he felt about me. The trip to the airport was awkward and even more so was our goodbye. (No hug, no kiss, we shook hands)

When he made it home he sent me a brisk email to tell me that he had arrived safely and he thanked me for being a good host. I transformed into an emotional wreck. Three days later, I wake up to find the longest, most heartfelt email waiting for me in my inbox in which he declares his undying love for me and his determination to make this work.

None of my friends and family seem able to comprehend our relationship. They think I've gone insane and want me to breakup with him. The thought of losing him makes me physically sick. I've never felt this way about anyone else I've ever been with. I don't know what's in store for us in the future but the thought of being with him feels so... right. I owe it to my heart to give this relationship everything I've got.

Well, that was certainly quite the introduction. Excuse me for my rambling. Thanks for making such a great site!

Welcome to LFAD!!!
    "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
    "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
    "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome Cathy. ^-^
        Hope all goes well with your LDR.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, I hope you find it to be a wonderful support to you!

Comment

Welcome : )

Comment

Welcome to the community!
              That's such a cute story! Hope you'lll find all the support you need right here at LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! LDR's can and WILL work!

Comment

Welcome! You have a cute story. You will find the support here. and a lot of people who understand and fight for LDR's

Comment

WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome and best wishes!

Comment

Working...
                      X