hi :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi :)

Hi everyone! I just joined LFAD today. I'm still learning the site. Seams quite user friendly. Thank you for that!
    My name is Theresa and I'm 44. (I have a feeling I am the oldest member here). My SO is Alex and he is 37. We had our 1st date on Jan 1 of 05 and have been together since. Broke up a few times but it never lasted long.
    We had moved to California together in Oct of 05...decided the midwest was too cold and he is originally from Cali. Alex recently went to school to be an IT Computer Tech. He graduated and could not find work in Cali. He has family in Missouri and we decided we would move there. Alex went first, to get a job and a place to live and then I was to join him later. He left in July of 09. I was to go be with him by Oct at the latest. Well, it is now 1 day shy of Apr 1 and I have not joined him yet.
    I am, however, in the midwest again tho. I am originally from Iowa and came back a few weeks ago. Staying with my parents.
    Alex still has not been able to find a job that fits his training and is working in a convenience store. The plan now is for me to find work and a place and he will join me.
    Alex flew to Cali and drove back to the midwest with me. What a wonderful trip we had! We hadn't seen each other in almost 8 months. We made the trip last as long as we could, he had 5 days to be back to work. We made every minute of the trip count!
    He is in Missouri and I am in Iowa. Not very good luck yet on getting a job.
    This long distance stuff has put a tremendous strain on our relationship. I am so glad I found this site! I will be telling him about it as well...

Welcome to LFAD Theresa!
    "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
    "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
    "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
      "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
      a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
      which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
      - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
      regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
      The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
      - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Welcome! My SO have been together off and on for awhile, too. And we were Missouri-Iowa for a short time in our relationship. Now we are MUCH farther apart than that, but at the time, it seemed so far. Best wishes in finding work, and I hope you find this site helpful!

Comment

Hi there Theresa, welcome to LFAD!! See you around

Comment

Welcome : )

Comment

You will find that this site is very helpful. Good luck on yours and his job search. At least you aren't so far apart now See you around.

Comment

WELCOME!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome and best wishes!

Comment

Working...
                    X