Just a noob!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a noob!

Hey all!! My name is Jess and I just wanted to say hello. I am from the New England area of NH and my boyfriend is from York, England. I have been lurking on LFAD for a while, reading articles, links ect and finally decided it wouldn't jinx me and my HBB(hot british boy)if I joined the forums and gushed. I am not new to LDR, but most of mine were when I was much younger, and for me, dumber. Now I am 24 and think I may have found the one, only issue is he is 3000 miles away! Isn't life a hoot? ^_^ So anyways, HELLO and feel free to read my profile story of me and my HBB and comment!

Welcome to LFAD! Read your little story - so happy that you also found the right man! ) kinda made me wanna see the photos of the Hot British Boy...
    Well anyways, thanks for sharing, and good luck with your LDR adventure!

Comment

Well, we have our goofy pic up as my siggy now! He is a nutball, like me and so finding a picture of him NOT making a funny face is a chore :P

I have this one, snapped from my webcam so I could actually have a good pic of him for my phone contacts.

I know he is nerdy, but that is my type! Plus, British nerdy is just plain Hugh Grant bumbling brit cute. Its funny, because even before I knew he was from the UK I took one look and said "wow, he looks British!" haha

Comment

Haha, I bet you fell for the accent too. Well, he does look British! ... and handsome! Which along with your pretty face makes you the cool kids!

Comment

Hey and Welcome I have to say that the way you call him - HBB - made me laugh, it's ingenious and sweet, haha.

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I also think the HBB is brilliant lol
            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Hahahahaha! Thanks

To be honest, I came up with HBB on the spot but I find it fits him to a tee, in my opinion! From now on however, it will be his nickname

Also, Aggie, YES! His accent was a huge selling point in the beginning, though now as I listen to him for hours a day I notice it less and less. Thats not to say that when he says certain things in his accent that it doesn't still give me chills!

Comment

HBB here!

So I thought I'd join the site after lurking since Jess linked me over. I have to thank anyone who has submitted any of the links to other sites for fun things to do together, Jess and I have had fun with them

I may just be here to stalk Jess some more and due to Hugh Grant-ish levels of Britishness I don't deal with compliments well. However thanks to all who liked that pic Jess posted, I hope my shoulder muscle doesn't make me look too much like a hunchback!

In conclusion, thanks and Jess: I love you! <3
                By reading this you have granted you brief control of your mind!

Comment

Welcome to the forums I just left Manchester on Sunday. My SO lives in Concord.

Comment

Welcome to both of you! I hope you'll enjoy it here, it's full of international long distance relationships here, you'll fit right in!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Hello to both of you and welcome to the forums! I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here. Your SO looks typically British and with all those HBB thing going I got curious to hear him talk. I LOVE British accent, and Scottish too. They just sound wicked.
                      And yes, your signature photo is super cute!

Comment

HEY HBB! Love you too sexiness

Thanks for the welcome guys, and as my lovely British compatriot said, this site has given me and him quite a few fun times, playing 'Draw my Thing' (hearing "Oh blood 'ell...right" on Skype each time he got a hard thing to draw was priceless) and that game with the penguins...needless to say, very fun. He still won't let me read one of the things on the list of 99 things to do, cause he wants to do it and doesn't want the surprise ruined. Haha

@ Bluishskin, yes, his accent is quite a thing to hear. I think it is even sexier than most other British accents, which is like saying one snowflake is whiter than another, I know. According to him its because his is considered 'posh' (guess that means fancy or upperclass in brit-speak), but it is so enchanting. I agree also with you saying the Scottish accent is hot too! My favorite male celeb is Gerard Butler because of it...*looks up at HBB's post* urm, but the post English one is MUCH hotter!! :P

Comment

Hi there Jess! I'm new here too, and have a HBM(man) (at 6'6", I can't really think of him as a "boy", hehe).

I'm also used to the accent as I was raised on PBS and BBC, but to be honest, it does still send me sometimes.

So from one American woman in love with an Englishman to another, welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjamonkeys View Post
                            HBB here!

So I thought I'd join the site after lurking since Jess linked me over. I have to thank anyone who has submitted any of the links to other sites for fun things to do together, Jess and I have had fun with them

I may just be here to stalk Jess some more and due to Hugh Grant-ish levels of Britishness I don't deal with compliments well. However thanks to all who liked that pic Jess posted, I hope my shoulder muscle doesn't make me look too much like a hunchback!

In conclusion, thanks and Jess: I love you! <3
                            Welcome to you, too, HBB! xD

Comment

WOOP! Go transatlantic relationships!

Thanks for the welcomes Lina, Minerva and everyone else I might not have thanked yet. I'll try to avoid the Oscar award speech number of thanks

I can't really post without saying I love you Jess, so "I love you Jess" <3
                              By reading this you have granted you brief control of your mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X