Hi! Another newbie here. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Another newbie here. :)

First of all, I want to say that I'm so glad I found this site.

My boyfriend and I have been friends since high school but back then everything was just platonic. In college, we kind of drifted apart - we went to different universities and then in sophomore year, he migrated to the US with his parents and his sister.

In July 2009, he went back here for a vacation and the old gang decided to meet up and "welcome" him. That was the first time we saw each other again after 5 years and, needless to say, sparks flew between us (much to the surprise of our friends, might I add). While he was here, we spent as much quality time together as we can - movies, out of town trips on weekends, etc. Then we decided that we'll continue dating even after he left.

I got to visit him in the US last October. But now we still don't know when we'll see each other again; he's still unsure if he can come for another vacation. But ultimately, we'll be together. I just have to finish my MSc in here and then go get my PhD there. We just have to bear being geographically apart for another year and a half. I can't wait to be with him.

For now - LDR.

I'm so happy to find a community full of people going through the same things. Let's make our LDRs work!

Welcome to LFAD! That's such a cute story. You'll find lots of support here.
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
    a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
    which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
    regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
    The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
    - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Welcome! Yes, let's make them work!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!
        "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
        "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
        "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome! This place is great. Yes, we all WILL make them work! you have a cute story!

Comment

cute! WELCOME!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, cute story!

Comment

Welcome : )

Comment

thanks for the warm welcome! i'm already loving it here.

Comment

welcome

Comment

Welcome and best wishes!

Comment

Working...
                      X