Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patience is truly a virtue

Hello LFAD community,

Just would like to start off by saying that I am so glad to have come across this site one night while feeling down about being apart from my SO. And after reading everyone's posts and advice from their own experiences, I really felt much better knowing that I wasn't alone in this.

I met my SO last November during a year long English teaching assistant-ship in France and we were basically inseparable up until the point I had to leave to come back home to Vermont in the Northeastern, United States, a whole 3360 miles from where he is now in France. If given the choice I would have stayed, but I had to come back in order to finish my last year of college.

The time we had together was unforgettable and I love him so much. We actually got engaged a month before I left And since then we've been able to talk everyday even when technology doesn't always cooperate with us

So far we've made it through the first month apart and now into the second. I'm just counting the months and days until I graduate and we can finally be together and start our life as a couple. We're not sure exactly how that will happen yet, as in him coming here or me going there, but I'm sure with time we will sort it all out. In this case, patience is truly a virtue.

I agree Welcome to LFAD
    "Love wins everything especially fear."

Comment

enjoy the long distance relationship thing...

Comment

that's a very beauctiful introduction post Welcome to LFAD! hope you'll like it here
        Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
        And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
        ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Welcome I lived by that saying while we were apart.

Comment

It definitely is Welcome to LFAD.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to LFAD I did a teaching assistantship in France too!

Comment

Indeed. And it's one of the hardest virtues to cultivate :P lol. Welcome to LFAD ^^

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forums
                  As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forums
                    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Welcome to the forums

Comment

Working...
                      X