Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there

Hey all,
    So I have never been all that in to online forums. I'm generally a pretty private person, but a lot has changed in the last year, so hey, why not this?

My guy and I met in college. We began dating our sophomore year, and no one (ourselves included) thought it would last more than a few months. We were all wrong. It will be 4 years in November, and a year and a half of what will have been long distance. I was on the 4 year plan, and he was on the 5, so I graduated last May and left him behind to finish another year. I found a job on West Coast, near my home town, and he stayed on the East Coast for school.

He recently decided to train and try to find a job near his home in North Carolina, and I have a full time dream job here in Washington, so it looks like it will be long distance for a while longer.

The combination of graduating, finding a job, moving to a town where I didn't know a soul, and learning that he wants to stay over there have left me reeling a bit, and I'm hoping to find some support. It looks like there is plenty here, and I look forward to talking with everyone!

Welcome to LFAD! You'll find lots of great support here.
    My SO is in NC too.
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
    a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
    which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
    regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
    The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
    - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

welcome

Comment

WELCOME!! You'll find so much support here!! For us graduation finally means CDR! I'll graduate in Dec and he'll be out of the Army in March. Finally CDR!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!!
          "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
          "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
          "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome, this is a great place!

Comment

Welcome : )

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, I hope you find it to be a great support to you!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!! I hope you enjoy your time here

Comment

Welcome and best wishes!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
                      X