Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intercontinental LDR

Hello!

I am Sarah from Austria. The one in Europe not Australia because there are no cangaroos in Austria
    My boyfriend is from Saudi Arabia.

We met 2008 in Cape Town, South Africa where we both took language clases at differend International Language Schooles to improve our English. I stayed at a host family and he stayed at the student recidence. A friend of us both invited me to a party at the student recidence, where I met my boyfriend.

Unfortunately we lost contact after he returned to Saudi Arabia!!!! Stupid, I know :-(

But last December we found us again at facebook!!
    We began to write and phone. So we found out that we both still love each other.

We didnīt see us again since 2008, but next January we will meet again in Cape Town at the student recidence.

I hope to get an advice when I need one from here, and I hope I can help somneone if he or she needs an advice from me

Sorry for my bad english, it is a foreighn language for me

Wilkommen!

Comment

Danke!

Comment

Funny and cute introduction Welcome to LFAD ,Sarah I'm Mia, My SO is from Europe too (Poland)
        "Love wins everything especially fear."

Comment

Thank you, iamangel!

Comment

Welcome to the forums

Comment

Nice to meet you Sarah! I'm Tobby welcome to the forums! !
              My favorite text message conversation:

Tobby:love ko! what are you doing?
              Nika:learning how to cook love ko.
              Tobby:cooking? please put some in a plastic bag and send some to me so i can taste it! <3
              Nika: weh? your silly! I'm learning how to cook so when we get married, I'll be cooking all your meals love ko. <3
              Tobby:your so sweet.<3 marry me now? hahaha
              Nika: We're still kids love ko, lets wait until we're more mature, but you know my answer will be yes, whenever you ask!
              Tobby:I love you so much! You're the one for me, I'll wait as long as i need to love ko. love you!
              Nika:I love you too! call me Nika Sy now.. hehe
              Tobby: Addict!
              Nika: Addicted! <3

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. I actually think your introduction is ironic. When I was in China, I met these two people, one was from Austria and the other from Australia, both of them were friends and they referred to themselves as the one with kangaroos and the one without kangaroos.

Anyway, it's wonderful that the two of you were able to reconnect! Do you mind me asking, is the language you both use to communicate English? I also met a couple in China, the girl was Chinese and the boy was French, and when they first met, neither one of them knew each others languages, but they both knew English.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Well, this is my first introcuction in a international forum, great if someone likes it.

In Cape Town many people wonderd why an "Australian" Girl would take English courses.

I donīt speak Arabic, but I want to lern it, and he doesnt speak German, so we use English to communicate.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Wecome to LFAD. I am from Indonesia and my SO from Russia, our mother language not English. There are some misunderstanding sometimes because of the language..but take it easy there are more to concern about, including the culture.

He is from Saudi and you're from Europe, thats lots of cultural difference to overcome too.

Well i just could wish you the best good luck for your new relationship!

Comment

Thank you, uniquefem!

Yes, the language is a problem, sometimes.

The cultural differences are enormous, but with love and respect for each other we can balance it

Comment

Working...
                          X