Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to LFAD, hoping to seek support

Konnichiwa!

My name is Sho, and I am 19 years old. I am Japanese, but was born and raised in America for about eighteen years. I am currently enrolled in a Japanese university. Shortly after I moved to Japan, I started dating one of my friends that I met in America. Her name is Diana. She is 16 years old.
    As you can see in the picture under my post, we've been dating together for more than six months now. Not only are we lovers, but we are also best friends. We understand each other. We want AND need each other. We've learned a lot from each other, and Diana taught me what it truly means to be a happy person. We have been supporting each other, and she even once stopped me when I contemplated suicide.

The problem is, though, we are SO far apart from each other. I live in Tokyo, but she lives in California. As a college student, visiting her would be a huge financial burden. Although I managed to see her for three weeks this summer, I felt like it was too short. ): I'm scared of feeling pain through missing her physical presence, and the time zone makes it harder for us to find a free time to communicate with each other. I admit we've been through other typical problems with long-distance relationships, such as trust issues.
    I also worry that my future career, and my parents may make it very hard for me to close the distance after college. They're not taking this relationship too seriously, since both of us are so young.

I constantly motivate myself by telling myself that we will never find anyone as perfect for each other, or how if I ended up going to UCSC, then the course of events would have been different. I would've never met Diana, and my life wouldn't have been as extraordinary. Still though, that can only go so far.

A lot of my friends aren't really optimistic with LDRs. Some even told me to break up with her flat out. This is why I hope to make new friends in this forum, so I can be more hopeful for this extremely challenging, yet rewarding relationship.

Welcome! Many people who are not in LDRs will not be supportive, it just comes with the territory which sucks! All of us here understand and we're always here to listen and give advice

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I'm Holly I can honestly tell you now that everyone I've spoken to on the forums here has been extremely helpful, kind and understanding I'm sure you'll find all the support and motivation you need to keep your relationship strong.

Comment

Working...
      X