Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello there : )

I'm Kat, new to the forum but not to the site! Here's my LDR story:

My SO and I have a sort of interesting beginning - we actually went to high school together, he was a grade above me, and we knew each other through mutual friends but didn't quite become friends. I was in a long term relationship (five years by the end of it), and Dakota (my SO) was dating around. After he graduated, he and I somehow began talking on the internet. He traveled for six months and lived in the NE US with his parents, though we didn't talk much then, and I was wrapped up in my relationship. When Dakota came back, he decided to move to Florida for film school (800 miles away from where I am in Indiana). It didn't mean much to me then since we were only friends, and I was still in my relationship and starting college in our hometown. My bf moved two hours away for college and he had always had anger issues and been emotionally abusive, and it finally ended after years of on again off again. Dakota was a great friend to me throughout all of this. I went through a couple of bad situations with guys, and Dakota and I started talking more seriously and getting to know each other on a much deeper level after I had a breakdown! He repaired me. We really fell for each other and started flirting a lot. I knew he was coming home for winter break and he asked me if he could take me on a date when he got in town, and I said yes. The spark was there, and it was amazing. Parts of it were a mess - I got my wisdom teeth out and had a bruised swollen face for days, but he still kissed me and took me to a movie and napped with me and bought me milkshakes! He had to leave two days before my birthday, but he had a dozen red roses arrive on my doorstep since he couldn't be there! It's been four months now. We've seen each other twice since then, we talk every day, and we're going on a week long vacation in July (he only gets a week off for summer, film school is year round)! After he graduates next March, he's going to spend a couple of weeks here then he plans on getting his crew together to shoot a documentary in South America. I'll have another year left of school, then we've decided to move to Los Angeles to pursue his film career and my graphic design/photography - I never once imagined I'd be moving across the country, but I wouldn't have it any other way. He's the best thing to happen to me!
    I really had to condense this down, so much! I wrote a lot more than what's on here! Hahaha. I just love what I've been reading on these forums and how strong everyone's relationships are. I've always been confident in my relationship despite the negativity surrounding LDR's, and I'm glad this community is here!

Welcome to the site! You have a great story!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!!
      "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
      "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
      "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

cute story welcome

Comment

Welcome : )

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Kat!
              "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
              a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
              which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
              - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
              regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
              The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
              - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Love your story

Welcome to LFAD! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Comment

I love your story. welcome.

Comment

Welcome and best wishes!

Comment

Aww! Your story is so cute! Welcome to LFAD and I hope we can share help.

Comment

Working...
                      X