Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from London... Hi everyone :)

Hi everyone...

I stumbled across this site about half an hour ago, and can I just say it's amazing to have somewhere like this to chat to people in the same situation who totally
    understand... Joined straight away
    I am very new to using a forum, so if I do something that's totally like.. What is this girl doing?!.. Then please let me know!

My story...
    Been with my boyfriend for 3 and a half years now. Randomly met in an under 16's disco nightclub (right place at the right time quite literally)and things left off pretty much immediately from then on... We went to college together, (just buy chance applied to the same one) then off I went to London to study Midwifery, hence the LDR status we now have. Now in my second year of Midwifery, so got through the first year being apart... NOT EASY!

I take my hat off to those who uphold their relationships in separate countries altogether, when there is myself who finds it difficult only seeing my SO once a month or so....

So anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie here, although I am new(ish) to LDR's I hope I can give some advice (and gain some) from the LFAD community

If anyone has any questions then feel free to ask me .... Or even just a small 'Hiiiiii' to the site would be very much appreciated

Thanks all,
    Kelly x

Hi again,

Okay, I cannot figure this out at all! It's me being totally stupid (or blind)

Can anyone tell me how I change my profile picture?? :/

Kelly x

Comment

hi guys i'm a new member for this forum this also my first time join this kind..
      my name is Sarah and i am from Indonesia, i have been together with my bf since november 8, 2008 just have undergone long-distance relationship for more or less 2 years until now. Being apart with someone we cared the most is quite difficult. hmm by the way , nice meeting you guuys

Comment

Hi there

Wow 2 years.... How often do you manage to contact your OH?

Nice meeting you too!

Kelly x

Comment

Hello to you both I'm Holly, I'm actually from the UK myself, but I live in North wales. My SO lives in Arizona in the states, so it is quite hard. I'm just starting university myself now actually, I'm a 1st year adult nursing student Welcome to the forums, and if either of you feel like a chat, feel free to message me

How are you finding midwifery, Kelly?

Comment

Hi Holly,

Midwifery is going great, it's amazing delivering babies into the world
            How is the nursing going? I recently did a placement in A&E, found it very hard... Don't think I could be a nurse, there is too much stuff to know about anything and everything!! So well done to you!! Is your course 3 years too?

Kelly x

Comment

Hi Kelly, Hi Sarah

welcome to the board! I am Anna and I am new to the board as well! I am from Germany and my SO lives on the American east coast.
              How do you find London, Kelly? There's so much to do!! I love the British Museum and the Tate Modern. Been there so many times but there still so much left to see

Comment

Sounds like you're having fun then

It's going good so far. I'm just getting through all my basic training at the moment and going through a lot of need-to-know stuff from lectures before I go out on my first placement. It actually starts on halloween, and I'm gonna be working in a community centre for children as a "school nurse", which will hopefully be good fun

I hope I get a taste of A&E. I've been there before myself as a patient because I've had several problems in the past, and from what I saw of the things nurses have to do there, it's pretty hectic. Pretty gross too on some occasions haha. Thanks, I don't think I could be a midwife actually, I'd be too upset if anything happened to a baby that I was delivering or something. My course is 3 years, yes. We've been given a new uniform, in Wales they recently implemented a dark purple scrubs uniform for nurses, and a lilac scrubs uniform for midwives. They brought it in because all the different nursing uniforms that are currently being used caused confusion amongst patients and they just wanted to help stop the confusion. Unfortunately, it looks like we're wearing our pjs to work haha!

Comment

welcome to the three of you hope you'll find all the support you're looking for, and forge new friendship like i did here
                  Last edited by ioanna; October 2, 2011, 10:51 AM.
                  Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                  And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                  ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

London is errrm.... BUSY!
                    Originally I am from Somerset so I am not used to the hectic transport system quite yet, but apart from getting your foot stamped on in the rush hour its great all the buildings are just massive

That's so far away.. God I complain even though me and my OH are in the same country!

When do you see him next?

Hope its soon.....

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Holly...

Ha ha, the uniform thing sounds funny.. Just seems a waste of money to me even after all the cuts and all!

Well good luck when you finally go out onto placement .. You learn so much more out of the classroom, and it is so much fun

Comment

Kelly, yeah the uniforms look so stupid :P And I agree, they are a bit of a waste of time, but the assembly loves to waste money :P

Thank you Best of luck on your next placement too, and hopefully you'll get to see your SO soon!

Lucky you get to see him at all. I won't be able to see mine for at least 3 years.

Comment

Wow! hehehe welcome to LFAD I'm Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly.92 View Post
                          London is errrm.... BUSY!
                          Originally I am from Somerset so I am not used to the hectic transport system quite yet, but apart from getting your foot stamped on in the rush hour its great all the buildings are just massive

That's so far away.. God I complain even though me and my OH are in the same country!

When do you see him next?

Hope its soon.....

[COLOR="Silver"]

Ohhh I hate rush hour in London! It's great if you're a tourist and you're in no hurry but if you're actually trying to get somewhere it's hell!! Nevertheless, I really miss England

I hope I'll get to see my SO for christmas but we don't know yet because he just started a new job and we have to wait to find out if he'll get any time off. How often can you guys see each other?

Midwifery sounds really exciting. I admire you! I don't think I could do it! I'd be scared to death

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. I'm in east coast united states and my SO (significant other) is just outside Cambridge. I've known him for 12 years and he is my best friend as well as my soul mate. The longest we've gone without seeing each other was 3years and 55 days, which was broken by his trip here last Christmas. Since then we've seen each other every 6 months for 2 week stints. He's coming here for Christmas.

I am so envious of all you UK residents!!

Welcome you all to the forums!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Welcome! Hope this forum is helpful to you!
                              National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Working...
                              X