Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello :)

Hi everyone!
    My name is Tabitha, I'm 27 years old and have been in a LDR with my best friend Dave for almost 6 months. He lives in CT and I live in NC (approx 800 miles) I found this site early on and read a lot of Michelle and Frank's ideas but just signed up yesterday. I'm loving reading the advice all of you have written! Being in a LDR is hard and not something a lot of people understand so it's great that this site is available. Anyway back to my story.

Dave and I met 3 years ago playing Mobsters on Myspace. Apparently we added each other randomly off one of those mobster add sites. I decided to make a mobster family and bugged and bugged him to join lol... Still not really sure why he caught my attention. We became good friends then chatting constantly on our group chat and IM and stayed in touch the past few years even though we stopped playing mobsters years ago. We sort of had a brother sister type relationship. He was dealing with some things then so that's pretty much all he was available for. He was pretty much the most anti-relationship person I knew.

Then April of this year something changed. We starting texting and talking on the phone and suddenly we were talking ALL the time, for hours on end. He couldn't believe it the first time he stayed on the phone for over an hour lol. Then it became 3-5 hour marathons every night! Unofficially we've been together since early April, officially since April 21 (we use the first day we said I love you). Our first physical meeting was August 25th when I flew up to CT for a family reunion. It's been great having him in my life although it was nothing I'd ever considered. It took so many circumstances to bring us to this point and now my anti-relationship, anti-marriage friend is using words like soul mate and wife and FAMILY lol. I guess what's meant to be will be The next visit should be end of November and we are hoping to close the distance next year (he is moving here).

More about me.. I'm a RN and mom to two amazing little boys who are 4 and 8. They are my world. I'm the oldest of 7 children and I love my big crazy family although they drive me nuts sometimes! I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys better!

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

That's quite a story Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome I'm one of five kids, so I understand the whole big family thing lol
        You never forget your first love...

Comment

Working...
        X