Hola!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hola!

Hi! My name is Natalia, I'm 25 years old, from Uruguay. I speak Spanish, so my english can be a little messy Well, I've been in a relationship with Javier, also 25, for 3 years and 5 months now, but in the meantime, we had to "suffer" distance twice... We are from the same city, Paysandú, but we met while we were studying at colleges in different cities, I was in Montevideo, Uruguayan capital, and he was in Concepción, a city in Argentina, 45km from Paysandú. I was 400 km from Paysandú :/ We met and started seeing each other on summer holidays in our hometown, we loved each other's company and everything so we decided to give it a try. We spend two years apart, getting together once in a while, chatting and texting a lot and having high hopes for the future. When I graduated, I move back to my hometown, so I could be 45km from him, that was quite of a huge step for us. I got a job and we would see each other every weekend, so things were getting a bit better. Last year he graduated and move back to Paysandú also, but he couldn't find a job appropiate for what he studied, and guess what... he got a job in Montevideo...
    It's kind of a big joke, now I'm in Paysandú and had been applying for a thousand jobs in Montevideo, but no luck for me. So, since July, we have reincided in distance, with much pain from both sides. We have some problems, and are struggling with it. Neither of us, specially me, was ready to fight distance again, I was tired and didn't want it at all, I thought it was already over and buried, but no...

So well, I'm here because I would like to share what I feel about being in LDR and what it's happening to me as well, cause I feel no one could ever understand me better than the people that are going through the same situation. Other survivors

We'll be seeing each other around here I hope, and thanks for taking the time reading my humble story!

Hi welcome to the forums! you will find a lot of support here

Comment

Welcome! I've always wanted to visit Uruguay!

Comment

Welcome
        You never forget your first love...

Comment

Thank you so much!

And Lucybelle, Uruguay is waiting for you! Summer is beautiful here, come and visit

Comment

Hi Natalia, I'm new here too.
            You've done so well to have such a long relationship with so much time apart! Your story is very inspirational

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Also i didn't know there was a Conception, Argentina the only one i ever knew of was Conception, Chile! That is so cool i learned something new

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Wow that's awesome Welcome to LFAD

Comment

All of you are so kind... Thank you so much! I'm glad my story can be positive to others, and I'm looking forward to find your stories inspirational as well!

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Welcome Laura!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! The more the merrier!
                    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                    X