Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Coast to UK - new at LDR

Hi everyone!

I have stopped by this site many times to browse for advice about how to handle my new LDR, and am glad to finally join the forum! My SO and I have been together for 1 year and 7 months, and he has been abroad studying in the UK for almost a month now and won't be back stateside until late June. Hoping to visit at least once around January, and already strapped for ideas for how to let him know my love for him is still strong without spending a fortune. We message daily and Skype nearly every day, but there are so many months ahead that I am glad I can come here for ideas and encouragement.

Look forward to getting to know you all better!

Love,
    S

Hey, welcome! I love the Death Cab reference. I'm in a transatlantic relationship myself--New York to Paris.

I've found that postcards and care packages are always well-received. My boyfriend sent me some postcards from Italy and La Réunion and a Nyan Cat t-shirt (we're huge nerds,) and I'm currently compiling a package for him.

Good luck!

Comment

Welcome!
      "In love, two of the most important ingredients are being open and being content."

"God must have seen my need for someone who could turn my failure to victory, whose touch could turn my tears to smiles, who by just being there could turn my sadness to laughter. That's why he sent you to me."

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forums
        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Hi Welcome.. I'm also East Coast to UK. I send lots of cards, letters, emails and stories I've written for he and I. On occasion I shop on Amazon UK and send him things.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
          And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Welcome to the forum
            You never forget your first love...

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I have a question about blogs - are they usually just for personal use or do people ever read or comment on them?

Thanks!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Hello welcome to the forums!

In regards to the blogs, I have only written one myself just yesterday but I think people can read them although I believe there is a setting that you can make it private for just you and your friend list

Also, care packages and letters are a great way of showing the love to your SO as well!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Hello! I am also new here and in a transatlantic LDR. He is in the UK and I am on "study abroad" on the east coast! We were together for 2 and half years before I left, and it will be 3 years in January, so we have a solid base to work from. Been away for 4 months now and its really difficult knowing that there are another 2 months ahead before we can be reunited, even if only for one week. I am an undergrad doing a lab placement on the US east coast, I am flying home for a few days at christmas, but unfortunatly I am not allowed much time off. After that, I wont be back in the UK until august 2012 He is hoping to visit sometime in march 2012 but is in the process of getting his passport renewed (He also hates flying which could be a problem). We message each other every day and try and skype 3-4 times a week, (Due to the time difference and our work schedules its difficult to talk during the week) Sometimes I feel bad that he has to stay up late in order to talk to me (He is 5 hours ahead), but so far we are making it work. Happy to finally find a forum with some tips and advice Looking forward to sharing with everyone
                      Si tu n'etais pas la
                      Comment pourrais-je vivre
                      Je ne connaitrais pas
                      Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                      Quand je suis dans tes bras
                      Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                      Comment pourrais-je vivre
                      Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                      Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Hey Welcome!!!

Comment

Transatlanticism: Welcome! Are you going to visit him in January? How fun! I love the UK!

Hololz: Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here! I am in a long distance relationship Europe-East Coast as well, unfortunately I am the one who always has to stay up late If you ever need to vent or complain shoot me a message

Comment

Welcome
                            Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! If you need anything please don't hesitate to message me!

Comment

Working...
                              X