Hello from Columbus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Columbus

Hi! I'm new to the forum and to LDRs. I'm from Columbus Ohio and my boyfriend just moved to New York City for a great job. I moved him to the city this past weekend, and he started his job on Monday.

We've been together for 3.5 years, and have been living together for the past 2. It's weird coming home to an empty, quiet house, and none of his stuff being there. As much as I complained about it, I do miss picking up his t-shirts and socks. It's only been 3 days...

I'm also just in a weird place. I just got a great job in Columbus, and don't want to leave until I finish 1 complete season (June 2012). But I'm also not moving to be with him until I get some bling (engaged.) I'm torn between being completely head over heels for him, and being a career driven person. Granted, I've already glanced at job postings in NYC, and am positive I could find something in my field if I were to move.

Right now I'm sad, and there is not enough work to keep me busy and keep my mind off of things. We've been calling each other at night and in the morning, but our work-day communication (G-Chat) is not available to him anymore, so we aren't talking as much, and i miss being able to ask him for help/advice at the office. I also just want to sit around and do nothing. Just watch movies and be sad for a bit, but in my line of work I don't have the time to do that.

So, there's my story. Thanks for listening. I don't know how active I'll be on the forum yet. It's nice to have the support.

Welcome to the forum Feel free to be as active ad you'd like though, everyone here is pretty understanding and great to talk to for support. Hopefully things will pik up with your communication though soon.
    You never forget your first love...

Comment

Welcome!
      Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Working...
      X