New and looking for friends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and looking for friends!

Hi! I just joined and am overwhelmed by the amount of resources to help me in my LDR and connect with others that are in LDRs! How did you make friends when you joined? What are your favorite things to do on this site?

I'm still pretty new, but I try to post in threads that I think my opinion/advice would be useful. Also, since I can't use the reputation system yet for whatever reason, I've made it a point to PM people whose posts I've really appreciated, and that's led to some longer correspondances.

Comment

Ok I'll try that! Thanks! What is "PM" and how do you do it? (How obvious is it that I'm new? Hahaha)

Comment

Hi there! Welcome to LFAD..i think PM means private message... correct me if im wrong miss CynicalQuixotic
        enjoy your stay, people are great here!
        goodluck!
        "In love, two of the most important ingredients are being open and being content."

"God must have seen my need for someone who could turn my failure to victory, whose touch could turn my tears to smiles, who by just being there could turn my sadness to laughter. That's why he sent you to me."

Comment

Hi! Thank you! Ohhh that makes sense! Hahaha I probably should have thought of that but it didn't occur to me! Thank you!

Comment

haha! you are very much welcome girl
            "In love, two of the most important ingredients are being open and being content."

"God must have seen my need for someone who could turn my failure to victory, whose touch could turn my tears to smiles, who by just being there could turn my sadness to laughter. That's why he sent you to me."

Comment

Yep PM's are private messages or you could leave a visitor message (sorta like writing on someone's wall on facebook) if you don't mind everyone seeing it. Mostly I send requests to peeps who I think are cool or who's posts I've commented on. I've been a member here for a while, but just recently became more active as I'm in a better LDR now. ^-^ And if you want you can always add me as a friend (I accept anyone) on here, skype, or MSN. Also welcome to LFAD

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum I think the best way to get started is to get involved in the forum, post on topics people have already started, or feel free to start your own, and you'll learn a lot about people that way. But I think just about everyone here is pretty welcoming and awesome, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble meeting new people and making friends
                  You never forget your first love...

Comment

Thanks so much! I can't wait to hear other people's LDR stories and share mine and get suggestions for presents and things to do for him!

Comment

Haha well then you're definitely in the right place. and if you look, you'll find that there's a special area set aside for you to post your story for others to read, and where you'll get a chance to read everyone else's
                      You never forget your first love...

Comment

Hi Heather!
                        I'm also pretty new but as the girls said: the best way to make some friends is to get involved, comment on other ppl threads and send friend request to those you find interesting
                        I find the site really helpful and very conforting when I feel sad and need to vent! Besides it's actually nice to feel some other people understand the way my relationship is, without judging.
                        Hope you find some friends too and find useful advices!!!

Comment

Welcome!
                          Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Welcome to the site, you've landed in the perfect spot! =)
                            You will not only be making lots of new friends whom definitely understand your situation better than anyone else, but also will get honest advice any time you need it, tons of ideas to try with your SO,etc.
                            ...Just like all the other members have suggested: get involved!

Comment

Welcome When I first joined I started posting a lot in the games section of the forum, and then moved on to some of the more generic topics so people would see me and recognize me before I started posting any sort of advice. The people here are very friendly and supportive. You could also use the blog section of the site and wrote about yourself, your relationship, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X