Hello from the United Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the United Kingdom

Hello. I'm tinkerbelle. I hail from Cambridge, UK. I met my SO when I was studying abroad in the USA. We quickly became friends and then began to hang out, just the two of us. I would describe him as my best friend as he puts up with my crazy ways.

I am 23 and have graduated from university- not Cambridge, but elsewhere as I am not that clever, and have only just decided on what I want to do in my life. So I am now back at school, getting a qualification in childcare for my career.

I miss my SO everyday and love being able to chat on the computer. My family and friends aren't as supportive as I would wish. They believe it will not work or that it is not an actual relationship. That's a hurdle I'm going to struggling against for the foreseeable future.

I hope that being on this forum, being introduced to by my SO, Sealover is going to give me the help and support that I don't have in my everyday life.
    "Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'm possible"- Audrey Hepburn

Welcome to the forums, babe.
    1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing."

LFAD Book Reading Challenge Goal: 26 books before January 2013
    Progress: 3/26
    Current Read: Genghis: Bones of the Hills by Conn Iggulden
    Next Read: Kahn: Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden

Comment

Welcome Tinkerbelle!
      I hope you find the support you need!

Comment

Welcome!
        Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Welcome and it's always nice to see couples on the forums

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

hello tinkerbell, i'm also new and from the UK. i wish you every success in both your studies and relationship with your SO. i know what you mean when you say family isn't as supportive as you'd like. my nan in particular has her misgivings.

though i wouldn't say my distance from my SO stretches the atlantic. however this is a first for us both. me and my BF met whilst both working in the uni nightclub. after graduating in 2010 i moved in with him. now its the opposite, as i've taken up a grad-level job in my chosen career. being without him every night in a town i know no one in is v.hard. i've cried more times than i've cared to count and trying to make friends has been extremely difficult.

this is why i've come to LFAD, for support and friendly people. i first came across this website a while back, and liked the ideas so.. anyways hello all.

Comment

Welcome! One thing to remember, is BE STRONG!
              <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Welcome to the site
                You never forget your first love...

Comment

Hi, welcome to forums.

I'm in the UK too (Birmingham to be precise)
                  Don't worry about what other people say, just prove them wrong
                  As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Welcome Im from Norwich, UK, not toooo far from cambridge! lol

Comment

Heya and welcome!

Im from the UK too! (Hampshire) to be more precise. My mans in the states too! all the way in CA >.<
                      Im kinda like you i graduated but only found what i really wanted to do at 24. So im in my last year of nursing now : )

The forums are nice so i hope you find the support you need (i spend too much time on here lols) Msg me if you wanna chat

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, I'm from Nottingham but I live in Wales atm =)

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

Working...
                          X