Why, Hello There!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why, Hello There!

Have you ever had your first impression upon joining a new site? Personally, my first impressions are generally along the lines of, "Well, this site looks quite professional," or, "The community seems pretty inactive." Upon my recent arrival to LFAD, I actually had three first impressions. The first one was one of amazement. As I was looking for different activities to do with my long distance girlfriend, I thought, "Wow! This article about 99 things to do with your long distance girlfriend isn't just regurgitating the same 5 or 6 things every other site seems to have! This seems like it has some good information to use!" My second first impression was one of belonging. "Wow, nobody ever takes my long distance relationship seriously, but look! An entire community of people who sympathize and relate with me!" My final first impression, after joining the site was, "Wow, where are all the guys?" As of yet, I have not yet run into another male in this community (not that it matters in the end; I just find it funny).

On that note, my name is Michael, and I am brand new to LFAD! Allow me to tell you a little bit about myself. I am 19 years old, and my girlfriend is 17 (will be 18 in February). I am in California, and she is in Washington. Though we have never met, she and I are madly in love with each other, and there is no doubt in our minds that we will end up married one day. She is finishing college and high school simultaneously, and will graduate from both in the same year I earn my degree (if not sooner). Anna (my SO) has not yet determined what degree she is working towards, but I am currently working towards my English degree. I intend to provide by writing in a business setting, as well as going into publishing and editing. I do not intend to write novels for a living, but if I go down the publishing/editing course, I have the opportunity to help Anna with her dreams of writing a book!

I am very much looking forward to getting to know all of you folks, and am very pleased to have fallen into a community that relates to and shares the struggles, hardships, and heartaches of finding their way through a long distance relationship. It seems the heart yearns so strongly for love that it will reach out into the ends of the earth until it finds that source in which it can be rooted.

Welcome to the forums
    I've never met my SO either, but it'll happen in due time
    You never forget your first love...

Comment

I felt the exact thing when I came to this website too, Michael, it's just an amazing community and everyone is so kind, helpful, non-judgmental and respectful. I'm Holly, and I'd like to welcome you to LFAD! =)

Comment

Welcome
        Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Welcome to the forum! There are definitely guys here, the only thing is that they're not as active as the girls, haha!

Comment

Lol, thanks everybody (necropost, I know! lol)... Yeah, I can tell the guys aren't very active... haha, but then again, neither am I. :P

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Michael! Hope you're not going to refrain from posting when having a problem or just wanting to talk even if you're a guy and not terribly active!

Comment

welcome, name's steve. active male. lol.

Comment

Welcome!!!! I felt the same way when I first found the site. Really like everyone that I have met here, everyone is very helpful.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

welcome to the forum hehehe i think the guys pretty shy here nah there are some active on forum.. but yeah more girls here i think...more to because girls are more expressive i think hahah...

but yeah so much you could learn here.. and the best feeling is to know that you're not alone and you're not crazy for missing someone that you never met before.. hehe i think there are plenty here had same situation just like yours...

good luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X