No announcement yet.

Time Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is one hour ahead of me. I really admire those of you who are a significant amount of hours apart from your SO. I feel that just being an hour behind can be kinda frustrating at times, can't imagine what it would be like to be more. But I'm sure we would make it work.

Comment

I'm with Yaaamiii. He is one hour ahead and I feel so lucky for that. That one hour can make a difference sometimes, but thankfully he tends to be awake when I am unless he isn't feeling well.
      It is funny when he comes back here, though. We both live close to the time zone line so the light tends to be the same, but the hours are different and it psychs him out. -->"It's so late!" "No, hun. It's only 5."

Comment

7 hours ahead of my SO
        Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

Comment

She's three hours behind me. Which works out pretty well for us... I go to bed pretty late and she gets up pretty early.

Comment

My SO is about 18 hours ahead of me. So right now it's 6:11pm my time EST (Wednesday) and it's 12:11pm (Thursday) for him. Somehow we have managed to make it work.

Comment

During DST he's 7 hours ahead of me, and 8 hours when DST ends. Makes timing challenging, but it's better than a 12+ hour difference!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
                13.5 - 15.5 hours depending on daylight savings.
                I'm very curious about the .5. How does that work? I thought all the time zones had the same minutes. /:

When LD we had a 15-16 hour time difference, depending on daylight savings. It worked out quite nicely for us.

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
                  I'm very curious about the .5. How does that work? I thought all the time zones had the same minutes.
                  Some countries have a .5 hour. I know India does. I was in Israel and my friend was in India and we were 4.5 hours apart.

I'm 3 hours ahead. (Not in Israel anymore. East Coast US)

Comment

Originally posted by MathnSkating View Post
                    Some countries have a .5 hour. I know India does. I was in Israel and my friend was in India and we were 4.5 hours apart.
                    We have .5 in Australia too, South Australia is .5 time difference to the east coast of Australia. odd hey?

As for me and my SO's time difference he's in England and i'm in Melbourne, Australia (east coast) so i'm +11 hours right now because of Daylight Savings. When we're on "normal" time (not daylight savings) i'm +9 hours.. it really sucks to be almost exactly opposite timezones but i suppose it makes it easier to remember what time it is for the other person...
                    Met Online: February 2009
                    Feelings grew: January 2011
                    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012