No announcement yet.

The dreamer and the realist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, in some things, I'm the realist wheras he's the dreamer and in some things it's the other way around. Like when it comes to our future, he's the relaxed, optimistic one and I'm the one who keeps him on the ground with me being realistic-pessimistic. Ha!

Comment

Most of the time I'm the realist and he's the dreamer, but sometimes it does get reversed.

Comment

I think we are both dreamers. We'll talk for hours about where we are going to live all over the world and how we are going to own giraffes and dolphins haha

Comment

Both of us are alil bit of both.... ;b wich I love

Comment

It's hard to say, but I think I'm more of the realist while he's more of the dreamer. I think we're both dreamers but I think more realistically in terms of when and how we'll meet because I'll be the one visiting him.

Comment

I'm a realist. Never had dreams of romantic love, thought of getting married as being the same as going to college or getting a job (just a process), will always put my goals and realistic, logical ideas first, always, before emotions. Not to say that I'm not imaginative, but I'm definitely not romantic.

Comment

Oh, I'm a dreamer, hands down. I think he's more of an "impulsive dreamer," aka, he comes up with these brilliant scenarios all the time (yeah, we're that couple that talks about what we'd do if we win the lottery), but he's much more grounded in realistic experience, whereas I tend to put off things until they're scarily overdue. @_@ I think we bring out both sides of each other more fully, though, if that makes sense--in other words, I rely on him immensely when I need to know something practical, and it encourages me to get more organized, whereas I think he's become much more romantic and creative since we met (he says he's NEVER treated a girl like he treats me ^_^). And I definitely know we dream about our future constantly.
                "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

My boyfriend is definitely the dreamer/idealist xD. I'm much more a realist.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbeam View Post
                    I'm definitely the dreamer.
                    My SO is such a realist *rolls eyes* lol but I love him.
                    Haha! I just laughed out loud because this is exactly what I was thinking when I tried to answer this question.
                    I am definitely the dreamer; I'm very optimistic and I usually think up the best scenarios for situations. Fortunately (or unfortunately for some), that also means I see the best in every situation, and that every decision I have made (whether it was successful or not in accordance to my "plans") has ultimately taken me to the best place I can be now.

My SO is the complete opposite. It's not that he's a pessimist, but he kind of throws himself a pity party when things don't go his way. On top of that, he thinks conflict ruins people and relationships so when we're fighting or when things aren't going wrong, he tends to bring himself down. That totally made him sound like a pessimist, though, haha...but in terms of our relationship and the way he sees things, he's definitely a realist.
                    sigpic

Comment

Were both a good balance but he's probably a little more of a dreamer than I am but, I love it. He's always telling me about all the awesome things he sees in our future.

Finding myself.

Comment

Oeeeeeh mmmmmmm

Life: he is the dreamer, I'm the realist
                        Love: I'm the dreamer, he is the realist

\\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                        \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                        \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

Originally posted by Manoek View Post
                          Oeeeeeh mmmmmmm

Life: he is the dreamer, I'm the realist
                          Love: I'm the dreamer, he is the realist

haha same with my SO

Comment

Working...
                          X