Tips for the initial loss period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for the initial loss period?

My beau flew out yesterday, while I was on the other side of the country, on a trip of my own (by the time we had his flight date, it was long-scheduled and I couldn't cancel it to be here and see him off ), back in Western Australia for my father's birthday.
    His plane left Sydney bound for LA exactly three hours before my flight back even left Perth. He called me multiple times from the airport, and then from the gate, and then one last time when his flight started boarding, and then finally even managed to send me a couple of sweet texts before the crew closed the hatch.
    I feel okay right now, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions that are good for the first few days/weeks of separation that I might find helpful, if I start to struggle.

no real advice except keep yourself distracted. the first days are always the worst.

*hugs*
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Im sorry hun. That sucks and we have all be there. I think the first week is the worst personally. But I think the best thing is to keep busy. If you sit and dwell it just seems to easy to get mad that you are apart again and it just makes the wound sting even more. One day at a time, things go back to normal.
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

It was really difficult for me when I left my SO in August. The first week / few days are always going to be the hardest, but I found that talking about the time you spent together helped us. Reflecting on the fun and happy times you spent together might bring you out of your funk a bit. Time will help you in the long run. I wish you luck n_n

Comment

Originally posted by Bethypoo View Post
          Im sorry hun. That sucks and we have all be there. I think the first week is the worst personally. But I think the best thing is to keep busy. If you sit and dwell it just seems to easy to get mad that you are apart again and it just makes the wound sting even more. One day at a time, things go back to normal.
          I agree. Keep yourself busy so your mind doesnt have free time to think.. After a few days it'll slowly get back to "normal"

Comment

Keep busy for sure. Talking on skype/msn etc helped alot too. I dunno how people managed before modern communications, we have it easy hehe

Comment

Working...
            X