I feel like I'm getting spoiled..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like I'm getting spoiled..

So I just had a wonderful visit with my SO for Thanksgiving. I was with him for four days and after not seeing each other for three months it was great.

I'm going to be spending Christmas with him AND my family. I have a connecting flight in his city and my grandmother (who pays for all these flights) decided it'd be a good idea if he got on my plane home with me there. He obviously jumped at the chance. So I'll be seeing him and my family for what could be 2-3 weeks. And NOW I'll see him for a weekend about 5 days after my new semester starts. We're pro-life and we'll be going to the March for Life in DC together. My younger brother is also going with his school so we're going partly to watch out for my brother for my dad's sake and to see eachother. And on top of that, I'm planning on seeing him in March for a week for my spring break. AND THEN, he's getting baptised and confirmed in April. He's asked my brother to be his sponsor. And seeing as his family isn't Catholic or very religious, whereas mine is it's looking like my entire family, or a good portion of us, will be going down there to be there for him and celebrate because we tend to take religious holidays and occasions very seriously and we're not missing Easter as a family or letting my brother miss this opportunity.

The only month we have from now until may when I get out of school where we don't see eachother is February. I feel very spoiled. And I'm loving my grandmother's airline miles. But I also feel like I'm never going to get really used to the distance if I'm constantly seeing him.
    ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
    The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

But if you don't have to get used it, why is it bad? :]

I'm so jealous you're going to the March for Life! My SO and I went last year but I'll be away at college this year :/

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

see your bf as much as you can! there may be a time in the future when you may not be as fortunate. enjoy your time together now.

Comment

That's awesome that you get to see him so much. Take advantage of it!

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
          But if you don't have to get used it, why is it bad? :]

I'm so jealous you're going to the March for Life! My SO and I went last year but I'll be away at college this year :/
          Very true...

I've been going to the March every year since eighth grade. I missed last year because I was at college. This year I still am at school, but with my SO living as close to DC as he does and with him actually living there now instead of at college with me 8 hours away, it just works out a little better.
          ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
          The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

I'm jealous! I'm too far from DC. More than a day of driving. So I can't go.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I don't think being spoilt is a bad thing. Enjoy all the time you can with him =)

Comment

Originally posted by HollzHeartsChris View Post
                I don't think being spoilt is a bad thing. Enjoy all the time you can with him =)
                I think that's going to be the plan. We both HATE the time apart.

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

AWWWW, I love your grandma! She sounds like she is a very understanding woman. You are very lucky to have such great people in your life!
                  Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Originally posted by Bethypoo View Post
                    AWWWW, I love your grandma! She sounds like she is a very understanding woman. You are very lucky to have such great people in your life!
                    Me and my SO both. She and my father offered today to be his godparents when he gets baptised. So we have almost my entire immediate family going down to be with him that day. My family loves him so much it's almost uncanny sometimes with how much they do for us as a couple--with paying for flights and trips for us (my grandmother covered us for a week in a hotel plus groceries, when he wanted to show me where his famly would typically vacation, but he couldn't pay for the whole trip)--and individually. It's amazing how much support we get.

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Working...
                    X