Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Don't know where else to turn for advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Don't know where else to turn for advice.

Everything seems to have taken a turn for the worst. Im sorry if this message seems a bit panicked, but I'm literally scared for us, for him. My SO's family has been having financial problems for years and none of them have been able to find a job. His dad's business will not bring in any income until January and they currently have no income. They are 2-3 months behind on rent and all other bills and their car was stolen a few months ago. They have received court notices from the landlord threatening to kick them out. They have no one/ no where to turn to for help. If they are kicked out of their house, all of their belongings would be left behind and they would lose everything and possibly end up on the streets. I dont know what to do, I don't have enough money to help and if they are kicked out, I may lost touch with him and I'm scared to death of losing him and worried about him and his family. Help/ Advice please?!

So sorry about what happen to your SO family! *hugs*

If you can not help him financially, please do be there for him.. if there's a will there will be a way.. maybe its a test for your relationship.. stay tough.. prove him that you will be there at the worse. Call him tell him that you will be there if need someone to talk to...

Hope everything will get better

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, he doesnt have a phone or internet right now either because of the money problems, the only time i get to talk to him is if he can pick up his neighbors internet. I talked to him tonight for the first time in 2 weeks

Comment

*hugs*
        Being the child of a Social Worker I’m going to say have they asked government agencies for help? It doesn’t have to be forever but at least until they get back on their feet, I’m not sure of the country but hopefully some agency is in place where they can go for help..it’s a thought..x

Comment

Oh no! I'm so sorry you have to go through this!! Stay strong and hope for the best (you can even pray if you're so inclined). I actually went through this with my boyfriend a little, there were times when things were so tough, we started worrying they would be left homeless, and the thought terrified me of course because like you said, it would be no contact at all. I know one thing that helped me get through it was faith that God wouldn't do it to them and I prayed and kept strong, thought positive, and also tried to be as supportive as I could. They have yet to be homeless! I have hope your SO and his family will make it through those situations and will even say a prayer for them and for you. In the meantime, stay strong, and be as supportive as you can. I hope things get a whole lot better for you all!

Comment

I second what everyone else has said and is there no one that they could move in with or stay with for a couple months until they got on their feet?

Comment

Take a deep breath. All you can really do is be there for him. It sounds like a very scary situation, and I hope that they can get some help from somewhere to get back on their feet.

Comment

Sorry to hear it, but I just want to tell you that there's nothing impossible to happen in this world.
                At least wish them the best whatever will happen in the future.
                Tell him that you will always be there for him and support him, be his power, be his light, be his strength, be the lover that he can rely on and that he can be proud of.
                Tell him that you will always be with him even in the worst situation.
                I believe that everything will get better as time passes by, just don't stop believing! (quoting Glee's words)
                All the best for you, your SO and his family! *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Mara View Post
                  I second what everyone else has said and is there no one that they could move in with or stay with for a couple months until they got on their feet?
                  The only people they could possibly get help from is their family in MS and they are in FL so theres not much they can do without a car, unless their family is willing to drive all the way to FL and pick them and their belongings up (but I know their relatives dont have much money either). As far as getting help from the government, they are on food stamps and thats about as much as they can do. Unless you happen to know of other programs @BabyPuppy21? We are in the US, and Im sure most of you know, we are all having tough times financially right now with the economy being the way it is.

Comment

I don't know if they qualify but maybe look into Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
                    https://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs...01%20final.pdf
                    or Unemployment?

Florida has a program called Lifeline which tries to set up phone service for those in poverty. I'm not sure if they would qualify but the website is quite informative and also offers suggestions of other programs (you use them to qualify for Lifeline).
                    https://www.floridaopc.gov/lifeline.cfm

I come from New Jersey so Florida is new to me otherwise I'd have more suggestions :/

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Thanks Floridaellen, I sent him a message asking if he applied for those programs, or if his parents did. I'll find out whenever he can pick up internet and let me know.

Comment

wow! I honestly dot know what I would do in this case, and would be scared as well. have you ever seem in person? do your parents have enough money to lend a little to pay at least one month rent or something to them? and you cant even blame the landlord, 3 months is a lot of time. my mother has places she rents, and as she pays for me, my brother, herself, 2 big houses, 3 house maids, a nurse, she needs all the money she gets from being a lawyer and the rents. so if money is behins one whole month, i guess she would let it pass once. if its more, she would terminate the contract and find someone new to rent it, but she doesnt rent flats, just working places in a nice comercial area on the city.

cant they get the money from someone else and pay it back afterwards?

cant your SO find a job? i hope everything goes ok for him and his family and they arent kicked out!
                        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                          wow! I honestly dot know what I would do in this case, and would be scared as well. have you ever seem in person? do your parents have enough money to lend a little to pay at least one month rent or something to them? and you cant even blame the landlord, 3 months is a lot of time. my mother has places she rents, and as she pays for me, my brother, herself, 2 big houses, 3 house maids, a nurse, she needs all the money she gets from being a lawyer and the rents. so if money is behins one whole month, i guess she would let it pass once. if its more, she would terminate the contract and find someone new to rent it, but she doesnt rent flats, just working places in a nice comercial area on the city.

cant they get the money from someone else and pay it back afterwards?

cant your SO find a job? i hope everything goes ok for him and his family and they arent kicked out!
                          If only it were all that simple lol yes I've met him in person, we visited for a week. My mom doesnt work, I have a younger brother with a disability and he is sick very often so she wouldn't be able to keep a job being a single parent and all. They don't know anyone who has the money to give them. My SO has been looking for a job ever since they moved like 6 months ago and no one will even call him back for an interview. I don't know why, he's very educated and is a great guy and is very outgoing. But Im in the same situation, Ive been searching for a job for forever.

Comment

Working...
                          X