Common problem for ldrs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common problem for ldrs?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over two years. We went long distance in August when he had to move 300 miles away to go to college. So far we haven't really had any problems until lately when I feel like I loose interest whenever we try to talk. It seems like we have talked so much that we simply don't have anything more to talk about. I need communication advice. Is this a common thing that happens in long distance relationships? And if so,what can I do to keep that spark and interesting conversations between us?

There are plenty stuff to do i think there are threads with same problem... how to avoid a boring LDR. Maybe with playing online games... and doing stuff together.. or sending each other post cards every once a month.. i think you should be able to browse some ideas from this website

Comment

You can also play phone games, me and my SO text a lot. One of our most common is "Tell me a story". He started this last night, and I asked him about what, it ended up sending him a 6 text long story about cheesy puffs (like cheetos). 20 questions. Ask me anything (this can be about movies, books, interests, sexual things, family, school, past, future, literally anything). All things me and my SO have done when we don't have much to say but still want to talk to each other.

Comment

Look up youtube videos and share them with each other or watch them at the same time (or as close as you can). Or look up news articles and share them with each other and learn what each other thinks on the article. There are lots of cool ideas on this site, including the list of things to do that's on the main page of this site.

Comment

Google the e-book "1000 questions for couples". It's always lots of fun picking out questions and answering them together with your SO.

Comment

I agree playing games are fun we used to skype and play the skype games lol. And then we played games on websites as well. If the conversation gets stale make sure your not just giving the basic details go a bit more into detail. Like instead of saying I had classes, tell them what classes, if anythign interesting happened, what you learnt about, whether you liked it or not. Dont worry though everyone in an LDR goes through a bad conversation patch.

Comment

My advice would be for you to take up a new hobby or two, and dial back the contact to chatting once a week or so, for the time being; you'll soon have lots more to talk about!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Comment

Working...
                X