We broke up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We broke up

Some of you probably read the thread where I told I was confused over someone else than my SO, and now think that I'm a terrible person for breaking up with my SO. The confusion caused by my friend made me really think about things, and it wasn't a light decision at all. However, things were kind of going downhill, and we had a lot of issues that we tried to work on, but failed. The biggest thing, however, was that I hadn't been feeling the sparkle for a while. I love her and I care for her, she's an amazing person, and I have been feeling very guilty recently - but I don't regret it. I still need to adapt to my new life without her, and I know this is going to sound absolutely horrible, but I'm only now starting to see how much stress our relationship actually put on me. Some things aren't meant to be. I truly hope she finds the right person for her.

Thank you for everyone who supported me here in LFAD x You're truly awesome. I'm still around, but mostly just glancing through threads.
    "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Sorry to hear that, but I am glad you seem to be doing okay. Sometimes the hardest decisions are the right ones. Good luck to you *hugs*

Comment

I remember after I broke up with an ex, for a week I had amazing dreams in which I was literally walking on air, that's how much lighter I felt. Like you said, some things just aren't meant to be and if you still try to force them, it just puts a strain on everyone involved. I'm glad you're looking ahead and I wish you all the best.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I don't think anyone here will look on you badly for making that decision. You did what you needed to do for you, and no, that decision is never easy, and hurting someone we care about is never easy, but I think most of us have been there. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do from here.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. *hugs* Take comfort in knowing it was the right decision for you. You're a sweet girl, and I know you'll find someone you have an amazing connection with. Be kind to yourself. <3

Comment

sorry to hear that stay strong and positive because surly there is someone out there waiting for you and you'll find each other soon

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, Laura! It seemed like she wasn't nearly as serious about the relationship as you were, so I hope you now can move on and find someone who loves you the way you deserve. Good luck.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Honestly, I think you have done the right thing. Instead of leading someone on or cheating (which is worse), you have let go at the exactly right time. Good luck in the future.
                candi ❤ austin
                ღ5.11.2011ღ
                ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
                ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
                ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
                ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
                [/CENTER]

Comment

Hey, any reason that feels like the "right" reason to you for breaking up with someone, is. It's a sad fact of life that even if someone is perfect on paper, sometimes we just don't feel in our heart-of-hearts that they're the right person for us, and breaking it off in such cases, while it might seem cruel and unreasonable at first, is actually the kinder thing to do than stringing them along when you're not truly feeling a deep and important connection with them.
                  There are bad ways to break up with someone, such as any scenario where the person doing the breaking up is wantonly disrespectful, nasty or insensitive, but every reason that strongly moves you - whether "fair" or not - to do so is the right one.

Comment

You should always do what is best for you and in your heart. Wish you the best and hope to see you around
                    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

You have always displayed such caring towards others..and I'm sure this applies to your now ex-SO. it's good that you are giving yourself the same caring in return. Glad to know that you will still be around

Comment

I'm sorry. All the best to you.

Comment

You did all you could, hunny, given the circumstances. *BIG HUGS* You know I'm here whenever you want a chat.

Comment

Working...
                          X