Love Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Locks

Have you heard about them? plan to engrave one of you and your SOs names someday? did it already?

I already got the lock, will get it engraved tomorrow. or today. I want to put them into a bridge on our honeymoon (it will be a one week only, so planning it already, to enjoy it fully!)

article for those who never heard about love locks before:

https://www.justaplanerideaway.com/2...n-germany.html

ps: you dont need to be married to have a lovelock. XD
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

I think I read something about them taking off all the locks there. I could be completely wrong though. I like it, its such a neat idea, whoever started it was very creative.

Comment

That's really cool Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!!!!!
        As I live close to cologne, I came up with a great idea.
        My SO will be here for one month up from December 19. I'm going to prepare a lock and give it to him on christmas (besides another present) but won't explain what it is for. Then, on our half year anniversary which is January 8 go to there together and lock or love forever. so.freaking.excited

Comment

well.... i've seen this in most of city i visit in Europe. In Paris there also bridges that you could put a love lock. I saw also in beautiful Marienbrucke facing the castle Neuschwanstein in Fussen Germany... oh God its so romantic yet very beautiful view!!

I went there last June with my SO, and its just so stunning! Too bad my SO against this idea and think its a "vandalism" act as i quote him. So what i do is, i take picture of a lock and photoshop it and put our name on... haha lame i know but it should be both person idea right??

I think its ROMANTIC!

Comment

There are a million of these on the Pont des Arts in Paris! I think that's where it all started, too. I'm going to ask JP if he wants to put one there with me when we're there after New Years'.

Comment

That is awesome!!!!!
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Originally posted by Miriam View Post
                Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!!!!!
                As I live close to cologne, I came up with a great idea.
                My SO will be here for one month up from December 19. I'm going to prepare a lock and give it to him on christmas (besides another present) but won't explain what it is for. Then, on our half year anniversary which is January 8 go to there together and lock or love forever. so.freaking.excited
                That is amazing! I dont know if my SO and I will put ours in Paris or Cologne. as we may go to Paris for 2 or 3 days for our honeymoon.

@Uniquefem you are right, it should be both sides' idea. I kow for a fact my SO thinks its beautiful. because he and his mother took a picture in a bridge like this to show me when they visited his grandma last year.

Today I didnt have time, as I went to check many things, but tomorrow I will try to find a place that can engrave the lock, as I dont know where to do it where I live in Germany
                our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

This is awesome!

Comment

now THAT's sweet

Comment

Oh it is ROMANTIC just my SO nature to be "uptight" with the rules hahahh..... but its just the way he is....

Some just use permanent marker on, not all engraved... and awwww some also with cute heart shape too! I would to do so, engrave some lock, and both of us throw the key to the river below.. ohh gosh...

Ohhh this is the picture i took from Paris Bridge (its from my traveling blog)

And in Paris, when i went there by my self, there was a couple asking me to take their picture on that bridge, they said its their 10th anniversary.. and they actually went there to REPLACE the first lock they put there when THEY MEET first time in PARIS...ohh my God i had goosebumps as i wrote this!!!!

Its UBER ROMANTIC hahahahah! i would love to do that get a lock and on the 10th anniversary go back there again to replace the lock with the new one (they just add one more lock to previous lock!)

Comment

How cute!Loved that idea! Now I want to do that on our 10th wedding anniversary as well!

I got 2 locks engraved today, one to put in Cologne or Paris, and the other one for him to put on the city his grandma lives, next time he goes there, as he used to always admire that bridge and the locks! so it will have one from him and me there as well!

I would love a heart shaped lock, but couldnt find it anywhere, and we had some new locks just sitting around here at home. so I saved some money on buying them, as they are good quality and will last a lifetime!

Will post pictures here as soon as I pass them onto the computer
                        our story.

sigpic

Comment

I saw it in Paris! I immediately took pictures and sent them to my SO. We agreed on doing that when we are there together, one day. Preferrably on a special date of course

Comment

That's a cute idea =)

Comment

Working...
                            X