Oops, Messed Up the Shipping of His Christmas Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, Messed Up the Shipping of His Christmas Present

I had an idea of making my boyfriend and awesome Christmas care package. I bought him two seasons of a TV show we love on DVD (which wasn't very expensive) and a very expensive ceramic knife I know he's been lusting after.

In my haste to place my order, on accident, I shipped them to his house.

NOW, the care package is important to me! The shipment will arrive at his house the same day I do and he promised me that he wouldn't open it. I'm going to bring the DVDs back with me in my luggage, but I, obviously, can't bring a knife on a plane.

I also know my boyfriend well enough that even if I wrap the present and make him promise not to open it until Christmas, he's going to open it the second I'm on my plane back home.

Here's the other part of it all. It's his birthday this weekend. I have a wonderful birthday gift for him and I'm wondering if I just shouldn't give him the knife at the same time. What would you guys do? I can still put together an awesome little care package with gifts and ship it to him, just maybe minus that "big" present...

I've actually bought a ceramic knife while in france and brought back home with me without any troubble. It was in its packaging in my checked suitcase. Same with my so who brought two sets over this summer from the US. We were flying air france and emirate airkines. Check with your airline, you might be surprised..
    As for when to give it, i don,t know just go with your gut i guess either way he will be super happy
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

I don't ever check any luggage.

I think I'm just going to give him the knife for his birthday, plus that way he can use it now since his is chipped, and then make him a care package with the smaller gifts, presents for his dog, and baked goods for Christmas. I know he doesn't expect things from me and anything will make his day.

Comment

Working...
      X