No announcement yet.

Keeping secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like secrets. If someone is keeping a secret from me, I see that as a form of lying. It's not being honest and upfront. I don't believe there is room for secrets in a relationship. They are supposed to be your "Significant Other", not just any other ordinary person. They are supposed to be important to you.

The only time I would ever keep a secret from my SO is if it didn't concern him and was something I had already dealt with a long time ago and have forgotten completely. If there's some kind of issue that's affecting me in the now, and would affect him as well, and I was keeping it from him, then yeah, that's wrong in my eyes. He would need to know and I wouldn't keep such things a secret.

Comment

um. I really dont think secrets are a good thing. I mean, sometimes they are for the better. But really... i dont think they are 99.9% of the time.
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I dont believe in keeping secrets from who we really love. so I dont admitt if they keep secrets from me. one of my few deal breakers.
        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Nope, I don't believe in keeping secrets especially if it winds up effecting me. My S/O had told a huge lie in the beginning of our relationship, and it almost caused us to break up. Things are great now, but now because he hid that secret(which I would have found out eventually on my own) I have to watch things he says, and making sure they match up to what he tells me previously. I trust him, but not as much as I would like.
          https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
          Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

Working...
          X