Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

closing the distance in 5 weeks! TIPS PLZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

closing the distance in 5 weeks! TIPS PLZ?

So I am officially moving there in 5 weeks!
    Also I am getting engaged very soon.....
    My boyfriend told me to check his account when he was visiting to see how much money he had left while he was in the shower, and I noticed a charge to his card from a jeweler!! I am so excited!

How do you deal with being engaged/planning a wedding away from your family? I plan on going back every 2-3 months.

Has anyone ever transferred a cat on an airplane?? I'm bringing my cat as a carry-on and have looked up the rules and everything but wanted to know if anybody had any personal experience with it??
    Also I don't know what to do with packing, I'm only bringing 2 suitcases of clothes/shoes/etc. and I am also shipping my bike. I also want to ship my pillows and comforter, any tips on that??

Umm, can't give you advice on weddings, engagements, cats or bikes, but I think you should just get a new comforter and pillows in your new place. I did bring a favorite quilt with me, but I sacrificed packing shoes and other things to bring it.

I'd say go through all your stuff and give at least half of it away. Then you'll have enough room to pack all the things you really need.

Best of luck.

Comment

I'm pretty much in the same position with all of what the OP has said. (Or I will be eventually I mean to say). I have a cat, so any talk on that would be handy. As for the pillow, no way am I leaving it here. Either of them. One of them cost $150 (foam one) and the other I got from my dad (passed away) which I cling to at night. I don't sleep well without it haha. Even though my SO will replace it.. As for planning weddings away from family (which I will also be doing), I would see if anyone in your family/friends has advice on what you need to do. if not, you can always go to wedding sites to help and just browse the net for any information regarding venues and such. Worst comes to worst? Wedding planner. I will most likely be engaged officially when he comes here, so I'll be in the same position to try and find out all this stuff. My head is swimming now as is.

Comment

Working...
      X