Some advice for those going through a break-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some advice for those going through a break-up

Lately I have seen quite a few people breaking up which is a shame but I thought as being someone who has also gone through a break-up I would share what helped with me and hope that it makes it a bit easier.

The post by Engel https://members.lovingfromadistance....A-Broken-Heart is a good start.

Depending on how you broke up I think every relationship needs at least a few days in which you don't talk. I thought we would be able to keep talking and we did for a bit then after a while it started to hurt me more than it helped me. So if you want to keep talking I see no harm until it starts to hurt you or if you don't get anything out of them.

Cry. You will be doing alot of crying so be prepared. Make sure you are getting enough sleep because being tired really doesn't help with your emotions. When you start to feel tired at night go to bed because if you leave it too long your tiredness will mess with your emotions and it's not fun to cry yourself to sleep. To try and avoid crying youself to sleep try to maybe have a cry and get it out before bed or you can do something like reading a book until you fall asleep or watch tv unitl you fall alseep.

Don't hide your emotions when possible. If your angry find someway to get that anger out like write an angry letter to your ex(don't send it to them). Whatever the emotion try and find a way to get it out. Not only will you feel better but it will help you heal. If you feel like crying, cry. The more you cry the less time you will cry for(that made sense in my head lol). Take each day at a time. If you feel like curling up with movies eating chocolate, do so. In a fortnight I spent $20 on lollies and chocolate. Just go through the emotions.

Do things and try something new. Meet up with friends and hang out. It helps. Especially when hanging out. It takes your mind off things. Avoid things which will bring up memories or will make you sad. You don't need to deal with that sort of stuff now. Once you have started healing and feeling better then start to deal with that stuff. It's been 7 weeks since my break-up and I still am not quite ready to deal with somethings. Try something new and meet new people. Last week I skyped with these people I had meet on youtube and we raced mario kart while skyping. I hadn't had so much fun in a long time and we ended up skyping and mario karting for 4 hours.

I think thats about that's all I can think of now. I hope this helps a bit and remember your not alone. To end on a good note here is a pig :P and a llama

Thank you Sunnyside All good points. I've also found that exercise helps. Every little bit helps.
    Thanks for the pig and the llama

Comment

Working...
    X