I had a strange dream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a strange dream...

Here's the background before I describe this dream. Ever since my SO moved back i've been smoking on and off to cope with stress, not something i'm proud of but something i've been doing to cope. I didn't tell my SO i had started again, and while we've talked on skype i've stepped outside to smoke. Last night he heard the wind blowing and asked what i was doing outside, i told him smoking. He asked why, i said stress. I came back inside said goodnight and went to bed. I wasn't able to sleep, so i msged him on aim. I caught on immediately that he was mad at me, and i thought it was simply because i was smoking and didn't tell him. Somehow, he got it in his head that i was smoking to somehow elicit a response out of him, or to rub it in (we had quit smoking together in the first 3 months of dating. Briefly smoked the ecig while he was here, n he quit when he got home). I tried to tell him that I was so not trying to rub it in and I had no idea where he got that from. I still don't. Anyway we bickered for at least an hour, then we quasi made up and we went to bed.

I was up for another hour but i had the following dream:

I was with a group of girls. At first they were Arabic, we were going to a concert. When we stepped inside the venue, the girls changed to Caucasian, and we were inside the gymnasium at the church I used to attend. We were about to take a test to get entered into this game show. As I looked around the crowd I spotted my Aunt in the library that for whatever reason was over looking the gym. I went n said hi and we chit-chatted. I started scratching the skin on my wrist and as i scratched the skin away it revealed a parasitic worm. I was immediately grossed out and pulled it out. It was longer then I had imagined and as i pulled my skin came up with it. As soon as it was removed, half the wound healed n scarred, while the other half remained relatively raw. My Aunt then said, "Yea that will never heal"

That was the end of the dream, and i looked up what parasite removal means in dreams and this is wha it said, "To dream of parasite extraction means you are letting go of somthing or someone in your life that is draining you and sucking the life out of you. you are choosing the higher road."

I can't help but this this dream symbolizes what i'm going through with my SO. The parasite being pulled out, was him leaving and the scar it left behind is my emotional scars. The raw wound is all the pain i feel still after 2 months, and no matter what i do can't let go of.

So anyone else have any different interpretations or ideas?
    "You want for myself
    You get me like no one else
    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
    Even in the darkest part of me
    I am beautiful with you
    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
    You're here with me
    Just show me this and I'll believe
    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Dreams don't really mean anything, unfortunately. This was an idea that was popularized by Freud but has mostly been debunked. They're basically just your brain vomiting images all over itself as it reorganizes itself while you sleep.

I do think that dreams indicate things, however--I've been having a lot of dreams about forgetting large assignments or my teeth falling out because I've been horribly stressed-out with end of semester work--so, it's entirely plausible that thinking about your SO and these feelings triggered this sort of dream. A direct metaphor for your relationship, however? Not so much.

Comment

Honestly I wouldn't read into it too much. It's just like horoscopes, when you read it your brain searches for something in your life to connect it to making it seem true in reality its just a generic symbol that each person tailors to make correct.

It seems like you still have issues you haven't been able to sort out, and you are feeling guilty about it and that is why you've interpreted your dream that way. Maybe you need to talk with him some more to help put your mind at ease.

Comment

Could it not be that it could actually representing the quitting smoking, not the relationship with your SO? I mean, it could symbolize that, but it may be the smoking. As far as dream interpretation goes, me and my SO are heavily into this kind of thing. We love sharing our dreams with each other =)

ALSO...
        "Parasite

To see a parasite in your dream, suggests loss of vitality and feeling physically drained. You are becoming too dependent on others. It is also an indication that you are taking without giving back."

https://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/bugs.htm
        Last edited by CandiCandi; December 6, 2011, 06:52 PM. Reason: to add what i found on google
        candi ❤ austin
        ღ5.11.2011ღ
        ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
        ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
        ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
        ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
        [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
        X